• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need recommendations for stylish new case!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DublinDude

Registered
Hi all,

I currently have an Antec p182 (special edition). Its a nice case but unfortunately the side panel is broken and wont go back on so all my internal organs are exposed!!

So I need a new case!! Something stylish! I have been drawn to the Antec 902 and 1200 as I like of the idea of the power/restart buttons being on top of the case as I usually have my case on the floor next to my chair! However, I am not entirely sure about the blue lights everywhere! This may get annoying at night! Maybe its not big deal?

Anyway, I am looking for something stylish but also easy to work with. Something that will have room for future upgrades!!

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions!!

J-O_S-H

Ok... fair enough... everyone's different.

AT a lower price point the HAF 922/932 are both very good cases.

I have the HAF 932... it's sturdy and there is plenty of room to work with.

The buttons are also on the top like you wanted.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
The top 200mm fan light can be turned off (I always had it off). The others really arent that bright. I dont like "bling bling" cases and this one was fine.

PhaseZero

OP
DublinDude

DublinDude

Registered
What about these 2? I had the pleasure of building someone using the haf 922 and it's a pretty sweet case. It's a huge case for being mid atx, makes my antec 300 look like a matx mini tower. The front red fan is pretty dim, not bright like the pictures make it out to be, even then it still has an on/off led switch.

CM Storm Scout http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119196

CM HAF 922 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119197

Yea both those cases are pretty nice actually! They will def be part of my short list! I am very indecisive so it may be a loooong process! :shrug:

OP
DublinDude

DublinDude

Registered
So Far....

So this is list of cases I have been looking at so far, starting with the most expensive!

Thanks for your suggestions and advice so far.

Feel free to add more suggestions!! 👍

Corsair Obsidian 800D (prob too pricey)
corsair-obsidian-series-800d-pc-chassis.jpg

Lian Li PC-A71FB (prob too pricey)
CA-172-LL_400.jpg

Coolermaster RC-1100 Cosmos S
CA-156-CM_400.jpg

Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos
1065076-a.jpg

Antec 1200
antec1200.jpg

Coolermaster Storm 'Sniper'
Cooler%20master%20storm%20sniper%2001.jpg

Coolermaster HAF 932
Cooler-Master-HAF932.jpg

Coolermaster Storm 'Scout'
coolermaster_stormscout3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
DublinDude

DublinDude

Registered
If I was forced at gunpoint to narrow my list down it would be:

Corsair 800D / ATCS 840

Antec 1200 / HAF 932

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
I have the HAF932 - it's a great case. Probably the best one made for air cooling. Build quality isn't quite up there with $200 cases, but it's nice..

ATCS 840 is a very well built case, but there are cheaper models that cool better. You'll have to decide what's more important to you.

Cosmos - wonderful design. Not enough cooling without mods. The Cosmos S replaced it and it has much better cooling ability, but not quite up there with the HAF932. I think it's a great choice if you don't mind spending a bit more money because you want a nicer case. The build quality is certainly better than the HAF932/922.

If Cooler Master would build a Cosmos S with the cooling ability of the HAF932, I'd buy it today.

The Corsair is built for water cooling. If you aren't doing that, remove from list.

Cooling will probably suck on that Lian-Li, but they are well built. I wish they would come out with a case that has at least a 230mm fan on the side. Their sales are hurting because they haven't kept up with some of the bigger companies.

I would buy the sniper before I bought the scout. It's just laid out better IMO.

I haven't owned the Antec stuff, but I prefer one big fan over three or four smaller ones.. I'm sure they're good though. Build quality is probably along the lines of the HAF series from Cooler Master.

Last edited:

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Antec1200 is also one of the best air cooled cases around. Plenty of space, good fan control, solid construction. I personally prefer it over the HAF932 which I have built for clients before.

I own the Obsidian and though it will be ok for air cooling, its really made for water. There are better air cooled cases like the HAF932/Antec1200

OP
DublinDude

DublinDude

Registered
I have the HAF932 - it's a great case. Probably the best one made for air cooling. Build quality isn't quite up there with $200 cases, but it's nice..

ATCS 840 is a very well built case, but there are cheaper models that cool better. You'll have to decide what's more important to you.

Cosmos - wonderful design. Not enough cooling without mods. The Cosmos S replaced it and it has much better cooling ability, but not quite up there with the HAF932. I think it's a great choice if you don't mind spending a bit more money because you want a nicer case. The build quality is certainly better than the HAF932/922.

If Cooler Master would build a Cosmos S with the cooling ability of the HAF932, I'd buy it today.

The Corsair is built for water cooling. If you aren't doing that, remove from list.

Cooling will probably suck on that Lian-Li, but they are well built. I wish they would come out with a case that has at least a 230mm fan on the side. Their sales are hurting because they haven't kept up with some of the bigger companies.

I would buy the sniper before I bought the scout. It's just laid out better IMO.

I haven't owned the Antec stuff, but I prefer one big fan over three or four smaller ones.. I'm sure they're good though. Build quality is probably along the lines of the HAF series from Cooler Master.

Thanks for that! I don't plan on using water cooling nor do I plan on overclocking (yet anyway).

OP
DublinDude

DublinDude

Registered
Just went and ordered the Coolermaster ATCS 840 !! I sure hope I made the right decision!! :chair:

Thanks for your help and input folks!! :grouphug: