• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need recommendations on a X370 AM4 board (and memory) which plays nice with 1600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jyaku

Hi there.. I can't seem to decide on what board for my Ryzen 5 1600 which I'll be trying to get to 3.8-4.0 on a hyper 212 evo.

My only real requirements are:
1. Not an MSI board (Terrible customer service from MSI so I swore them off, but gigabyte has been good to me)
2. Have 8 Sata Ports

I'm also looking to use 32 GB RAM in a 2 x 16GB kit and would like to run it at atleast 2400 mhz.

So can anyone suggest a board and memory that will work well together?

Thank you if you're able to help.

Because I currently have 16 and I'm running into windows 7 has not enough memory and needs to close with multi tasking.

Sounds like software problem because when windows runs out of memory it uses the HD for storage. It's called swapfile.

Sounds like software problem because when windows runs out of memory it uses the HD for storage. It's called swapfile.
Unless you disable the 'virtual memory' like I did for a while. Did it to cut down on SSD writes.

You are most likely correct wingman. Wonder if it's a 32-bit application being pushed to the limits?

No.. I play 6 instances of a game so I can 6 box a group together.

Also when I sometimes edit 1000+ raw files.. it'll hit like 14-15 gb RAM usage in lightroom.

And yes I don't use paging file.

No.. I play 6 instances of a game so I can 6 box a group together.

Also when I sometimes edit 1000+ raw files.. it'll hit like 14-15 gb RAM usage in lightroom.

And yes I don't use paging file.
Sounds like you need more RAM. [emoji14]

The paging file might help for a bit, especially if there is under utilized, but filled RAM. I don't think it will make a big difference, but I'd say give it a whirl in the meantime.

when page file is enabled then Windows is using it for additional things so at the end OS is using more memory than it really needs ... also when you have more RAM then OS is using more RAM because it can

Yes that's why I wanted 32 gigs of RAM in the next system. 16 is not enough and I am trying to minimize the writes of pagefile on the SSD.

Ok. That's a good enough reason fore me. Most don't do the things you're doing, so more/faster ram is called for.

Back