• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some advice on 2400+ cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R4lN

Registered
Hello, My bro just put together his new computer. He is running one of my old soltek 75drv5 boards and a 2400+ chip. He has two 80mms in the back and 2 80mms in the front. he is using the athlon heatsink and fan that came with the chip. He says his temperature is getting up to 62 celcius. Seems a little high to me. Could some of you be so nice as to post your temperatures here IF you have a 2400+ chip. This computer is not overclocked and it does seem a little high. What do you think?

Faisal

Registered
I have a total of 7 Case fans, 380mm's out 3 80mm's and 1 120mm in....

The cpu is cooled by a Thermalite Slk800, along with the Thermaltake Duct mod, and a thermaltake fan.
cp1.jpg

My idle temp (as i am typing this) is 39c and full load temps are 42c And it's overclocked, so you'll most likely get lower temps.

Also make sure to use a Thermal Compund.

-Faisal

hitechjb1

I would get a SK7 ($20) and a ThermalTake Smart Fan II ($10).

If you don't overclock or little oc, the CPU would run under 40C loaded with fan speed around 3000 rpm. This is quiet and cool.

If you do heavy oc, it should keep the die temp around 50 C with higher fan speed to whatever fan noise acceptable to you, by trading off fan speed and level of overclocking.

PS: SK-800U is a little bit better, but more money ($38).

Last edited:

hitechjb1

Faisal said:
I have a total of 7 Case fans, 380mm's out 3 80mm's and 1 120mm in....

The cpu is cooled by a Thermalite Slk800, along with the Thermaltake Duct mod, and a thermaltake fan.
My idle temp (as i am typing this) is 39c and full load temps are 42c And it's overclocked, so you'll most likely get lower temps.

Also make sure to use a Thermal Compund.

-Faisal

How does that duct help? Have you done any with/without the duct evaluation on die temp and system temp?

Faisal

Registered
Yes sir, without the duct mod at 2.5 Ghz with 2.1v it was 48c and like 52 under load, after i got the duct mod, it dropped to about 44c idle and 48 full load, so it made quite a difference, Now i've dropped the voltage down to 1.9 so it runs cooler. But yes i did make note of my temps. I wouldn't keep something on my comp if it made no difference.

-Faisal