• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some ATI 9500 pro help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schlotkins

Registered
Hey there-

Just picked up a 9500 PRO for a new box. Loaded up XP and just used the CD drivers to start - Cat 2.4. Installed Warcraft 3, game ran no problem. Installed the chipset drivers (for LAN), downloaded Cat 3.4, installed and WF would lock up after about 3 seconds. (Couldn't even click on anything in the first menu...)

I uninstalled the drivers through the add/remove programs control panel, cleared out the system32 directory, the inf directory, and even cleared out left over ATI entries in the registery. Installed 2.4 again and WF still didn't work. Uninstalled and reinstalled WF and it didn't work. The only solution was to do a clean install of XP. When I get home, I'll do a clean install and go straight to Cat 3.4 to see if it works, but has anyone else had this type of problem!? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Schlotkins