• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Some Dremel Help. Newbie with dremel.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

i bought a 35000rpm dremel that you plug into the wall and i think that i set it up correctly for cutting a case. There was not that much detail in the manual so i am essentially asking if i put the sucker together correctly. Also, i purchased a cut off wheel kit and it came with all types of cut off wheels. Some being heavy duty wheels, some being normal wheels, and then i got a bunch of random big ones. Which ones are best for case cutting.

Also, any tips on how to go and use a dremel will be appreciated. i am going to go and test one out tonight on my old pentium 133 desktop case.

Looks good to me. Just make sure you have the bit screwed in tight. (you don’t want it to fly off). :p The bigger bits will last longer and cut a little faster, but I use the mid sized ones cuz there’re cheaper. Oh, and be sure to use safety glasses.

One more thing, if you want your bits to last longer, don't press to hard when you're cutting. Take your time, and have fun. :D

this may sound like a stupid question but is it safe to wear a tshirt while cutting the case? i dont wanna have chunks of metal flying into my arms

Emericana said:
this may sound like a stupid question but is it safe to wear a tshirt while cutting the case? i dont wanna have chunks of metal flying into my arms

Most of the time I wear a long sleeve shirt cuz you never know when one of those bits will fly apart. I had one hit my face once. It did not feel good. :p Eye protection is the most important thing. Your arm can heal. Your eye, well lets not talk about that. :)

Looks good. Definately take your time, and absolutly wear eye protection. Long sleves will make you more comfortable, with the sparks which will fly. But I have yet to be significantly hurt by wearing short sleves.

As the instruction booklet says, let the speed of the tool do the work. Virtually no pressure is needed, and the case will cut like butter.

Luck with the case mod, and welcome!

Kid

Back