• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some expert advice... Video Card Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burn242

Registered
I Have to computers.. exact same... (see specs below), anyhow one has a X850XT PE and the other has/had a 9800xt, well my 9800xt just died due to unknown reasons.. cannot see anything on boot, even tried to reflash it with a ATI bois using a PCI video card to boot up... but the computer won't boot even that way, (the 9800xt and PCI video combo that is), well i replaced the 9800xt with a 9700/64mb and it WILL boot on either the pci or agp. the 9800xt wont work in two other computers i have tried also. I have no idea how this card died... anyhow i'm about to newegg shop... i play all my games on my X850XT anyways, but my 9800xt did a good job at games also when my buddy's are over... what AGP upgrade card could I get for under 200 bucks that would be faster that my 9800xt... or if anyone knows what my problem is with the XT, could you give me some advice... and yes i have tried all the basics (plugs, fan ect). Anyhow i am currently looking at the X800GT or X800GTO, but i cant find anything on how comparable that is to the 9800xt... is the GT better or the GTO, are these better than the XT... Help!

I got 180-200 bucks what do i get... please provide links if possible... i perfer to buy from newegg... but will try someone new if the price is right...

Specs
PC1 - PC2
[email protected] - [email protected]
P5P800 - P5P800
2GBCosair Value - 2GB Cosair Platium
74GB Raptor - 74 GB Raptor
X850XT PE - 9800xt (DEAD)
Audigy2 Platium - Audigy2 Platium

IF YOUR WONDERING WHY MY COSAIR PLATIUM IS IN MY PC WITH MY 9800XT IS THAT MY COSAIR VALUE OVERCLOCKS TO 240MHZ, WHILE MY PLATIUM SERIES ONLY HITS 205MHZ (DONT KNOW WHY)

The Coolest

Well there are several cards you can buy for upto $200, the cheapest being the GF 6600GT. it is faster than a 9800 in most things in some its much faster and in other its not that much faster.
There's also a Radeon X800GT, it's meant to go head to head against the 6600GT, and it beats it in everything you can throw at it.