• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some feedback, assistance (Arris Surfboard SBG6700AC)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

Evening all,

I need some assistance with the ARRIS SURFboard SBG6700AC DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem/ Wi-Fi AC1600 Router. Seems my wireless speeds are not quite right. My internet plan with TWC is 200Mbs down and 20Mbs up. When connected to the router/modem via Ethernet I'm getting the correct speeds, but when connected wifi I'm getting around 40Mbs down and 20 Mbs up (2.4ghz) and 60-70Mbs down and 20Mps up (5.0ghz).

I've tried resetting the modem as well as looking for a firmware update (none available at the moment) and still getting low wifi speeds. What am I missing?

Any suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks

Have you tried changing to different channels in case the one you are on is congested?

Changing from auto to channel 6 (least congested) helped a lot. Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry about late reply. :)

What is the wifi standard the client devices are using? Older protocols such a "G" may not be able to take advantage of the bandwidth available to you. Also, buggy drivers can also produce huge performance hits.

Back