• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help getting Yamaha DS-XG working.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
My OS is Windows Server 2003 Standard, I have installed DirectX 9.0b, and I have windows audio enabled. The Yamaha DS-XG is build into my MOBO "Intel SE440BX-2", I have had audio working on this machine before with this OS. I've did everything that I am supposed to do, but it's still not working for me, when I go into dxdiag -/sound, it is fully accelerated, but instead of showing DS-XG, it has "Modem #0 Line Playback (emulated)"
, my modem isn't one that has a soundcard built into it, its only made to connected to the internet. I've got the newest drivers "for NT/XP" they work with server 2003, but it still wont tell me that it has found new hardware, onboard audio is enabled in the bios also. what next ? i think ive checked everything.

Oh yeah... when i test sound acceleration in dxdiag, it gives me this..

DirectSound test results: Failure at step 3 (DirectSoundCreate): HRESULT = 0x8878000a (The request failed because DirectSound resources, such as the priority level, were already in use by another caller.)
:rolleyes:

Back