• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help NF7 Rev.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

Ok I just recieved a RMAed NF7 from NewEgg,it posted fine,but for some reason i cannot get into the BIOS,it says CMOS Default press F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup,but I cannot get into BIOS.
If I press F1 it does nothing and if I press DEL I get nothing.
I have tryed different keyboards and did not help..

Any ideas??:(

EDIT:The other board I sent back was Rev 1.2 and this new one is Rev 2

glock19owner

First of all...going back to the basics...have you tried that keyboard on another system or let windows boot up and go to word or notpad to make sure the delete and F1 keys still work...and if they do...you can try this...turn off the system...pull the power plug and keyboard plug out from the back of the motherboard...then pull the CMOS jumper off and take the battery out...wait for a few minutes...this will clear the MB memory completely...then replace the batter then cmos jumper...then plug the keyboard back into the port and plug the system back in...if you still do not have the F1 or Delete key working...then you might have to RMA this MB also...

OP
Dave65

Dave65

glock19owner said:
First of all...going back to the basics...have you tried that keyboard on another system or let windows boot up and go to word or notpad to make sure the delete and F1 keys still work...and if they do...you can try this...turn off the system...pull the power plug and keyboard plug out from the back of the motherboard...then pull the CMOS jumper off and take the battery out...wait for a few minutes...this will clear the MB memory completely...then replace the batter then cmos jumper...then plug the keyboard back into the port and plug the system back in...if you still do not have the F1 or Delete key working...then you might have to RMA this MB also...

It won't boot,it post ok but that is far as it will go.

OP
Dave65

Dave65

Ok I got it to work,I don't know why but I used 3 different keyboards and the third one worked,and all the others work just fine on the other puters so I knew something was wrong.
I took the board back out and reseated it and all is well.
I have been 2 weeks without my puter now it is working fine.

Thanks for the info.

glock19owner

glad you got it working right...that was going to be my next thing...about reseating it...those pins on the face plates sometimes short out on the case, but it is hard to see them at times...but dont short out enough to stop the system from booting up...

OP
Dave65

Dave65

glock19owner said:
glad you got it working right...that was going to be my next thing...about reseating it...those pins on the face plates sometimes short out on the case, but it is hard to see them at times...but dont short out enough to stop the system from booting up...

I am glad it worked also,it is a pain using a backup puter..

I was kinda wondering about this board when I opened it,it had been opened before,not sure if it is brand new or not..
I have another coming in a few days hope it is as good as this one:)

glock19owner

Dave65 said:
I was kinda wondering about this board when I opened it, it had been opened before, not sure if it is brand new or not

If you ordered this board as a new one and got a open box...then it could of been RMAed for the same reason you are having now...and if that is the case, I would be writting to the retailer...and if you bought it new locally...I would still get ahold of them and if they refuse to replace it...then I would get ahold of your local better buisness and possible more action if needed...if you bought it brand new and recieved a open box MB...that is false advertising and a few other legal misreputation going on...and if that is the case, I doubt you have been the first person they have done that too...

just curious...where did you get this board at?

OP
Dave65

Dave65

glock19owner said:

If you ordered this board as a new one and got a open box...then it could of been RMAed for the same reason you are having now...and if that is the case, I would be writting to the retailer...and if you bought it new locally...I would still get ahold of them and if they refuse to replace it...then I would get ahold of your local better buisness and possible more action if needed...if you bought it brand new and recieved a open box MB...that is false advertising and a few other legal misreputation going on...and if that is the case, I doubt you have been the first person they have done that too...

just curious...where did you get this board at?

NewEgg,I had sent in my rev 1.2 to be RMAed and they sent me this one,the other board had a quirk with the USB sometimes not working correctly,so I sent it back.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
As much as I like NewEgg, I sometimes think the RMA'd products they send out have never been retested after they were sent in. I bought an Antec PSU that had allegedly been an RMA'd and checked out unit. It did not work out of the box. The fans had dust on the blades and when I opened it up to look for a problem, it was full of dust bunnies and what have you. When I confronted them about it, some snot-nose wrote me back and said that since I opened it up to reveal what I had found, I had voided the warranty and it was not their problem anymore.

Luckily, a few emails to Antec and they made good on it, sending me a brand new unit.

I will definitely think twice before buying anything from NewEgg that is alleged to be refurbished or a return-to-stock item. Certainly never a PSU again.

When I sent my NF7-S back to Abit, because it up and died, they sent me another one that was obviously used, though it had been checked out prior to returning it to service. It is running fine so far.

Hoot

OP
Dave65

Dave65

Hoot said:
As much as I like NewEgg, I sometimes think the RMA'd products they send out have never been retested after they were sent in. I bought an Antec PSU that had allegedly been an RMA'd and checked out unit. It did not work out of the box. The fans had dust on the blades and when I opened it up to look for a problem, it was full of dust bunnies and what have you. When I confronted them about it, some snot-nose wrote me back and said that since I opened it up to reveal what I had found, I had voided the warranty and it was not their problem anymore.

Luckily, a few emails to Antec and they made good on it, sending me a brand new unit.

I will definitely think twice before buying anything from NewEgg that is alleged to be refurbished or a return-to-stock item. Certainly never a PSU again.

When I sent my NF7-S back to Abit, because it up and died, they sent me another one that was obviously used, though it had been checked out prior to returning it to service. It is running fine so far.

Hoot

The box looks old,but the board looks new,it don't look like there has been any memory slots used but not 100% sure about that,and it was dust free real clean.
As far as the contents in the box they were all fresh never opened.
I hate sending things back to RMA because you never know what you will get in return.

glock19owner

A quick thing about newegg...have to always read the fine prints ;)...

Newegg.com does not test any product, including refurbished items.

This would also included not testing RMA's...they leave that up to the maker of the product...