• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

are you planning to OC?
if so are you planning to push it hard or just up thje FSB a lil?
how much do you want to spend?

Right off the bat i would recomend the thermalright SLK-900 heatsink with a nice sunon fan, or if you dont care aobut noise, get a delta or vantec tornado.

SLK-900

High SFM and high volume sunon

More reasonable noise level, YS-Tech fan

i just pulled a few links off www.svcompucycle.com
They do a good job and have had noting but good orders from them, check around there are many good sites, this is just the one i usually go to. I can give you better answers when you answer my questions, this is just aobut top of the line.

OP
W

Wolfeinstein

Disabled

schismspeak

Wolfeinstein said:
first thanks for your help.
Second i haven't oc'd yet i want to but i still don't know much about it yet i'm looking for good sites that can teach me.

i will like to get good results not push it where i burn my cpu or my mem. i have athlon 2000+ 512 corsair cooler master hsc-v62 this fan, would this be ok for oc-ing?

http://www.coolermaster.com.hk/product_detail.asp?lang=eng&at=boutique&category_id=1&product_id=7

slk-900 seems pretty damn expensive.

to answer your question that cooler will do fine for moderate overclocking.

OP
W

Wolfeinstein

Disabled
wow thanks a lot this really helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do you know how much my agp frequency should be?i'm using ati 9700 pro card,athlon 2000+
thanks again

N

nerdlogic

Keep your AGP bus as low as possible. Depending on your board, you may be able to get the 1/5 divider.

Last edited:

SiliconX

The SLK-900 seems to be the HSF of choice for air-clockers. I've seen nothing but great results for it.

Yeah, it's expensive. But IMO, it's worth it for the peace of mind you bought a great cooler for your processor

bill

Wolfeinstein said:
nerd thanks i have asus a7n8x mb you mean like at 66 mhz? or just set it to auto?
I keep it between 66 & 70 . 66 for reg use & 68-70 for benchmarking. i've some go 100 but i dont think it's worth the risk of frying the card or the agp slot , but thats just me.