• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some links for a Newb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinky

A coworker, not into hardware, is looking to expand his knowledge of PCs and I was hoping to get a list of all the different resource sites (tutorials on the homepage are great, but he'll need some prerequisite knowledge and definitions/explanation before attempting any overcloking :p ). Thinking more about acronym definitions, tutorials about what's in a PC, etc... really basic stuff.

I'm sending him a link to this thread (also suggested he join here when he feels comfortable).

flyingember

Registered
www.arstechnica.com

the forums are amazing. very newbie tolerant.
I have almost 8000 posts in them.

I don't suggest a library for books, instead I suggest magazines. perhaps hit a big book chain like barnes and noble.

OP
Pinky

Pinky

Shadow ÒÓ said:
beginners guides on our front page?

already sent him links to that, but he's starting from a point of knowing next to nothing, most of the beginner's guides were intended for people who knew something about their PC already and wanted to advance their knowledge or start tweaking it...

(tutorials on the homepage are great, but he'll need some prerequisite knowledge and definitions/explanation before attempting any overcloking)

flyingember

Registered
once he gets past beginners have him read the stuff on arstechnica. the cpu articles are very advanced and very well written.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/ has some good articles on it, they're just a bit ad heavy. I'd hunt for individual ones to send to him.
oh, this is sort of like the dummies books, but online