• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some networking help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El-Scotto

Hey all I am having a small problem. I just moved into a new apartment and I am having problems connecting my computers to the network I have. Im currently on a mac mini but I can only get it to connect to my wireless network via OSX when I boot it up in Windows XP I get a message saying something along the lines of "Limited to no connection" and it basically seems like it is not connected. My room mates computer also is getting this error....anyone have any ideas?

OP
El-Scotto

El-Scotto

It is the same router I had before I moved in here and was able to connect on both operating systems, ill try the static ip thing

Spyguy

Static IP will work for sure, based on the information you provided, but I am sure there is a more comfortable approach.

OP
El-Scotto

El-Scotto

So I finally got around to trying the static IP thing, not sure if I did it right but I followed this guide:

http://corz.org/comms/hardware/router/static.ip.address.php

Now it says that I am connected to my wireless network (the limitted connection message is gone) but I still can't connect to anything. It looks like im still sending out packets but not recieving anything. Any suggestions?