• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some recommendation for cases

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skybreakerII

Registered
I need some recommendation and suggestions for cases.. okay here are my tastes..

First: I want a case that have at least 1 intake (at the HDs) so I wont have to buy cool kit of my HDs
2nd: have holes infront for the intake.. because I found the intake would be so useless w/o front holes for air to come in.. (Raidmax for example, I'd love to purchase the case because they have 4 fans 'intake' at the HDs BUT no intake holes... so what the hell are they thinking??)
3rd: I dont like the cover at the 5.25" bays
4th: Acrylic Window (optional)
5th: black case

I've found the Lian-li PC-65B is what I really want
http://www.lian-li.com/product.php?action=viewPD&prdid=708
but is there any other case out there that I might have been overlooked and offer at cheaper price?? please help me out

thank you,

-skybreaker II

mateo

The Lian-Li is a sweet case, I have a PC 60 waiting to be modded, trust me that is a quality case by a quality company.

However, if you're willing to mod a bit, an Addtronics 6896a/7896a is a good case, it even has some side intakes that you can do cross-ventilation in the 5.25 bays if you want (if you mount the HDDs there), and has a very sizable front intake taht you can expand on your own to 2 120s. Linky

OP
S

skybreakerII

Registered
OP
S

skybreakerII

Registered
I think I'd go for the lian-li pc65B as my final decision.. does anyone know where to get it cheap.. newegg doesnt have it.. so I dont know where else I would go shop...

OP
S

skybreakerII

Registered
Giblet Plus! said:
You can get a lian-li pc-7 for a little over $100.

Don't forget to check out the Chieftec/Chenming Dragon style cases. There's a reason so many people have these. :D

actually ur right, lian-li pc-7b is exactly like the pc-65b but w/o the Acrylic Window.. I bought 2 cathode lights already so I am not sure where else to use it..

how much is lian-li pc-65b retail by the way??

OP
S

skybreakerII

Registered
Giblet Plus! said:
Make a window yourself, or get a Chieftec with a window. :)

:D call me a newbie but I dont know how to make a window for myself.. of course I've read those things in this forum and come to my attention that everyone pretty much modd things for their own from a cheap case.. the thing is I dont have the tools but I'll reconsider about buying the tools because modding is hella fun and I am so hooked..

right now I have a 'gay' case which I bought for 50 bucks I regret it... my curent temp is decent for CPU is 40c and MB is 28c... but the case has horrible airflow and the intake doesnt even work.. and noise is like an airplane..

well enough about my rants.. :rolleyes: