• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

furiousfords89

i am planning to build a rig with a shuttle AN35N-Ultra mobo coupled with an AMD 2500+ mobile chip later on when my old t-bird system dies. Is that mobo considered a ''reliable'' one? And would i have to do any tweaks on the mobo for it to take the 2500+ mobile chip, or can u just install it without having to tweak anything? I am planning on using the comp for web surfing, watching tv and minor overclocking, and the comp would be on for 12+ hours everyday so i want to know if the mobo/processor setup would be able to handle this.
thanks in advance
P.S.: Money is an issue here so the most im willing to spend on a mobo is 90 bucks.

Sterculus

I personally don't have any experiance with Shuttle motherboards, so I can't advise you on what that motherboard is like. I would recommend posting in the Shuttle motherboard section of the forums, or searching there, for some more info about that motherboard. One excellent choice that you could look at is the NF7-S. Unfortunately it is $94 at Newegg currently, but you might be able to find it for a bit less elsewhere. The NF7-S is an excellent motherboard used by many people on the forums, and it will work wonderfully with the mobile chip when you get it.