• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some video playing PC software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinky

I have a VIVO setup working now, and have my VCR playing through my PC. I don't need to capture, so I was looking for a software app to passively play the WDM input for me...

I'm using Virtualdub for now, set it to capture and it provides a decent (but non-adjustable) 720x480 preview...

OP
Pinky

Pinky

Bump!

I know ATI includes this type of software with their cards, what about nvidia models?

OP
Pinky

Pinky

funnyperson1 said:
no problem, but im very surprised that they didnt include any software with it

Only Power Director, which is a capture app only, doesn't display full screen, etc...

Frodo Baggins

ATI includes one. It's called ATI Multimedia Center. I use it, it's very easy to use, gives you adjustable screen all the way to fullscreen and includes capture. You might wanan check if it's compatible with yoru card. it's available on tthe ATI site

OP
Pinky

Pinky

Frodo Baggins said:
ATI includes one. It's called ATI Multimedia Center. I use it, it's very easy to use, gives you adjustable screen all the way to fullscreen and includes capture. You might wanan check if it's compatible with yoru card. it's available on tthe ATI site

I love their multimedia player :)

UNfortunately, if memory serves me, you have to have an ATI card for the installer to work (once the ATI card is removed, however, the software stays ;) ). I no longer even have a spare ATI around, or that would probably had been my first choice as well.