• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need ST6 Beep Codes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

Can some one please post the ST6 beep codes, I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks

I tried to get them a few weeks ago. Couldn't find anything. I e-mailed Abit. No response. I was getting an alternating high/low beeping which continued until I shut the thing off. You know what this code means? It means "pack me up and RMA me". That's what I did, and the second board works fine.

Abit has not put out a quality product since their 440BX boards. I've had increasing numbers of problems starting with the KT7 AMD board. I have a brand new BD7-RAID sitting here and the only reason it's not in a case is because the Epox currently installed is running just beautifully. Sorry, end of rant.

I had that same beep. I changed some BIOS settings, upped the v core and it seems fine. I think that code maybe too little v-core, I know it sounds dumb but that was all I cahnged and it worked.

I didn't think to change any BIOS settings because this was a brand new board right out of the box. I was trying to run the CPU at nominal settings, in fact, I tried three different CPU's, two coppermines and a tualeron, and nothing would POST. When I got the second board, absolutely no problems the first time. Man, I really like the features that Abit puts into their boards, but their QC has taken a dive. I'm waiting for the new DFI boards. A lot of Abit people have jumped ship to DFI and they are supposed to be designing new boards for the enthusiast.

I had the same problem with the high/low beep. Tried to RMA it but they said it worked fine. Eventually, it did work fine, after I changed my power bar. Strange things happen :beer:

Back