• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need suggestions 4 new pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jfls45

Registered
As an update to my recent posts about building a new computer, I put together the following:

Cooler Master Gladiator 600 case
i5-3570K CPU Intel HD 4000 Integrated graphics
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler
Corsair CX600M PSU
Samsung 120GB 840 Series SSD
Crucial DDR3 8Gb Ram

I am using the onboard graphics with dual monitors. I want to add a GPU. I am a light gamer and would like to play BF3 on good graphics settings.

What is the best card that will allow me to hook up two monitors, (1 DVI, & 1 HDMI connection) for under $125.00. I am lost trying to figuring out the Radeon and Nvidia model numbers and whats good..

Do I stick to a 1GB GDDR5 card or better to go with a 2GB GDDR3 card?

Jfls45

It's been 6 years since I built a computer. I have spent the last two weeks reading up on the AMD vs Intel CPU race, hard drive technology, etc... I have yet to decipher it all because there is so much information and so few hours in a day (after work) to read it all and make a good decision.

My current gaming pc I built is: Intel Core 2 Duo - E6550, 2.33GHz (no hyperthreading) Ram: 2GB DDR2, Mainboard is: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R 333Mhz, ATI Radeon HD3800 graphics.

My computer useage: light gamer, light AutoCAD work, normal use.

I am wanting a quad core and am leaning toward an i5. What is the best value/performance in i5 cpu and motherboard I should look for?

Appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Last edited:
There are better folks on here to recommend intel but they'll want to know your approximate budget. If you need a new vid card,psu. How about a new OS or monitor and keyboard.

Thanks for taking time to respond but lets stick to my specific questions. thanks

There are better folks on here to recommend intel but they'll want to know your approximate budget. If you need a new vid card,psu. How about a new OS or monitor and keyboard.

3570K and Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Ex6 if you plan on overclocking to the moon with that CPU.

Back