• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need suggestions for upgrading my PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had to partition the SSD since some apps can't be installed on Windows protected partition.
So a second partition is required.

Also I bought the WIn10 CD-key for the giggles, it is only $10 so I decided to try it out.
Microsoft recognized the CD-key but the origin of that CD-key is sketchy at best.
Doubt it is stolen or pirated because no reason for them to drop price.
More Logical to assume that those CD-keys are time limited, and will expire in the near future.
Maybe tomorrow or maybe in the next few years.
Either way I can always buy a new key from the Penguin site.

Thank you all once again for your help.
I am very happy with the result of my upgrade, even if it is a small one it still noticeable.

1. What apps cant be installed on an OS partition? That makes no sense. It's almost like you tried to install it on a hidden partition? I dont know.

2. Keys dont expire.
2a. Kinguin.

For example Nexus mod Manager <Vortex> wants to be installed on Disk C with the mods download on Disk D.
Also some other apps asked to be installed only on Disk D, Don't remember the name of the app.

Also thank you very much suggesting kinguin, It has so many apps for a good price.
Bought a few video games for only $15 while Steam sell them for $50 each.
Why are the apps so cheap there?

Last edited:
So the application actually installs on the OS drive, but something else on a different drive.

I dont know why any app would REQUIRE being installed on a different drive.

Any way I do need a second partition so that the App will work correctly.
No other way.

Back