• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need suggestions on AMD Boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@[email protected]

Hy guys, i´m helping some friends to choose an amd board, and I´d like to know what are you using in the categories under:

- What mobo are you using for 166fsb (1/5 PCI Divider) up to 200mhz FSB

-What mobos/ chipsets will accept the TBreds for the future while using a duron/xp for now...

-What good performance/Price mobo do you recomend

_Any Comment about the Chipsets?

none1

Asking "What mobo do you use / is the best?" Is kind of like "which of these three women is the most beutiful", its an easy way to start a big war. :)

1) Right up front, I'm liking the KT400. <looks around for flames> The kt266a is straight up the fastest for extreme OCing, the KT333 is real close. The KT400 are also good. There is not a BIG difference between the three when just looking for max OCing / FSB. Others don't like the KT400 cause it doesn't have the exepected 1/6 divider.

<me shrugs>

The KT400 unlocks the higher speed T-breds with no bridge work, it has agp8x, there often are higher voltage options on the KT400 versions (e.g. the abits), and some of the KT400 boards can be had cheap, my MSIKT4VL gets 180 FSB, good OCing options, has lan and sound, $85. Haven't seen the MSI up at 200 FSB. (could be its new, could be the board won't go that high)

2) That MSIKT4VL gets my vote for price performance right now, $85 with lan and sound is hard to beat.

3) The epox and abit seem to be the OCing champs right now. Check out the front page to see what mbs folks are using to get the higher FSB, also check out some of the threads on the new 2400+ in the amd chip forum, check out folks sigs to see their specific mb. Many many folks have the epox 8k3a or the abit KX7-333, these seem to be the two most common, but they are old and have been out the longest.

4) I think most of the current chipsets will support the future tbreds ...... the KT333 and KT400 will for sure support the FSB = 166 tbreds of the future.

5) At the high price range, the nforce2 looks good, but there is not enough real world results yet for me to recomend these.

toastedzergling

I really like the incoming nforce2 boards, price is gonna be high, $150+, but via has screwed AMD folks for a long time and it's payback time:D

OP
@crilicM@n

@[email protected]

None1: That´s exactly what I want to hear... A personal opinion but based in facts! Perfect coments. Thanks... Here is a thread for opinions not discussion nor flames. People whit opinions embased in facts like you is what I really pay attention.... People like: "mine is better becouse it´s mine and blá blá blá shall be desconsidered... I really like the Epox and the MSI in the price performance ratio, and am inclined to recomend the kt333 (sometimes cheapper than kt400 and is almost the same thing... As you said, no 1/6...) If a Kt333 comes with support up to Tbreds... It´s Ok... Pay more for the unlocking and 8x... Is something like a personal choose I think...
Thanks Men!

toastedzergling: I liked you SC avatar a lot he he... My computer at the win booting says : "I have returned" he he from the protos units.... It´s good to see Nvidia inside the market.... My friends liked the nForce´s but they are rare here... and... there are somethings yet to see about it... It´s the best all in one pack... but the price must still be competitive and there´s no bennefit I think on the dual channel to the cpu only....