• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to find a Nascar and a Stratigy game for christmas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

My dad likes Nascar, what is the best Nascar game out right now?

My brother likes turn based stratigy games, anyone know of a good one they'd like to share?

Links to good deals on the net would be much appreciated too.

Thanks!

ps WIII is the backup game for my brother if there are no REALLY good turn based stratigy games out right now.

BaldHeadedDork

I can help with both. :)

The best NASCAR game out now is NASCAR 2002 by Papryus. In fact, I think its the only stock car racing game available for the PC. Check the system requirements closely before you buy this one. At any resolution higher than 800x600 you'll need a Ti4200/Radeon 8500 to run a full field without framerate problems. EBWorld.com (Electronics Boutique) has it for $19.99, the best price I've seen.

Here's a bonus NASCAR idea: Check the bargain bins for a copy of NASCAR Legends. This is an older game but if your dad loves NASCAR he will flip when he sees this. Its based on the 1970 NASCAR season and has all the great old cars like the Plymouth Superbird and no restrictor plates. This is one of my favorite racing games of all time. Its out of print but Amazon has brand new copies in the box and with the manual (highly recommended) for $17.99

For your brother, there is no other choice than Civilization III. They've just released a Game of the Year edition with some added features, but the basic edition is great, too.

BHD

john240sx

CIV3 is one of the best turn based stragety game ever made. take forever though :) there's always Risk too, that's a great game when your bored and it should be pretty cheap now.

as for your dad, nascar 2002 or nascar heat 2003 are pretty good. nascar legends is definatly a must have for a nascar fan.

Ghost68

well...
i think civIII is an awsome choice it took at least 100hours of my life away (in a good way...)

as for nascar what ever you do dont get nascar thunder 2003 its just about the lamest game i have played yet.....

OP
OC Noob

OC Noob

Thanks for all the help.

I got my dad the NASCAR Acceleration Pack, which includes:

NASCAR RACING 3, NASCAR RACING 3 CRAFTSMAN TRUCK SERIES EXPANSION PACK, and NASCAR LEGENDS

I just hope the games will run on W2k.

I got Civ III game of the year edition for my brother.

Thanks again for all the advise:)

T'wolves

NO,NO,NO,NO Combat Missions 2: Barbarossa to Berlin The only strategy game that exsists anymore. Better looking and improved over its little brother Combat Missions: Beyond Overlord. Killer game, normally when I think of strategy I think combat and warfare rather than empire building but whatever. If he has any interest in WWII then this is a must. Unfortunatly it can be purchased through the internet only, thats why the link everytime.

OP
OC Noob

OC Noob

Thats good to here. I didn't really want to set up a dual boot for it.

As far as Combat Missions is concerned I will point him to the link and have him check it out since Civ III is already on the way.