• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to know what is the best 2-3 cpu coolers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nikitis

Hey there,

I just bought a P6T Deluxe V2, and a i7 920 D0 Stepping processor. I just ordered the RAM below:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104132

I'm seriously thinking that I have a good setup to overclock to 4.0 Ghz pretty easily and that maybe I should order a good CPU Cooler to boot.

Could someone give me the 2 to 3 best coolers out there? Price being no object.

I hear the Noctura is good, but is there any specific model?

Also what would be a recommened power supply and case? I like professional looking PC's.

Thanks for your input!

KonaKona

Trashcan Man Member
Noctura D14 is the one I heard was good. There is that, the venomous X, and the megahalems (Those last two are from different manufactures).

As for the case, just look at the stuff made by cooler master or lan-li and find something you like the look of. I need to keep a list of good power supply manufactures around, but the ones I can remember are FSP, seasonic, and corsair.

dejo

Senior Moment Senior Member
I have used the megahalems and it does rock, not sure how it does in direct comparison to the 2 kona mentioned but I cant see it getting smoked by them. I would look at price from the top and buy accordingly

JonSimonzi

As far as coolers go, call me old fashioned, but I'm still a fan of the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (TRUE). As far as cases go, when you say "professional", I assume you mean something elegant and non flashy. Depending on your budged, I'd say either the Antec 300 for $60, or the Silverstone FT01-BW if you have a higher budged, $220. The Silverstone is available without a window if that's not your thing.

atomic ferret

The case is really a personal choice. It's important to pick something that looks good to you that you can stand to look at all the time. From there, look for good airflow and sturdy design. Look at companies like Lian-Li, Silverstone, Antec.