• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to know what MB I have AMD athlon 1 gig by Gateway

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThrillSwitch

Registered
Hey all I am a Newbie and needs Yalls help I have a Gateway 1gig.comp. Iwould like to get all the info that yall might have for over clocking it? Also which model the board is? Please Help

Download Wincpuid this will give you some pretty valuable info about your entire system.

You can get it here:Wincpuid

My parents also have a 1Ghz T-Bird Gateway and it is running on a Microstar MB I believe.

As far as OC abilities of this board (if that is what you have) I'm not sure-maybe someone else can help out with that.

Good Luck.

thx for the help
medic109vince (Feb 12, 2001 12:55 a.m.):
Download Wincpuid this will give you some pretty valuable info about your entire system.

You can get it here:Wincpuid

My parents also have a 1Ghz T-Bird Gateway and it is running on a Microstar MB I believe.

As far as OC abilities of this board (if that is what you have) I'm not sure-maybe someone else can help out with that.

Good Luck.

Chances are it is an msi motherboard and you wont have any options as far as overclocking, the bios is custom programmed for gateway. And if it isn't an msi board you still wont be able to overclock it.

P.s.
I have heard of alot of problems with the select 950 and 1000 from gateway if you have any kind of problems immediatly take it in to the service center don't bother with the tech support.

I bought one of these Gateway boards, and they are MSI K7T Pros. There are no overclocking options with this board.

I bought one for $39 on eBay and just set it up tonight. Runs real sweet. Put in my old Hercules 3D Prophet DDR-DVI, a real power hog, and it handled it fine. I picked up a T-Bird 800 on uBid for $89 and got a GlobalWin FOP32-1 locally. I O/C'ed the 3D Prophet DDR-DVI to 160/360 and came up with 6061 3DMarks in 3DMark2000. Ran the benchmark 10 times with no problems.

For $39, you could take the $100 you're saving over one of those tempermental Abits, and just get a faster T-Bird or a better video card. I really didn't expect the board to be as good as it appears so far.

DaveB (Feb 15, 2001 10:46 p.m.):
I bought one for $39 on eBay and just set it up tonight. Runs real sweet. Put in my old Hercules 3D Prophet DDR-DVI, a real power hog, and it handled it fine. I picked up a T-Bird 800 on uBid for $89 and got a GlobalWin FOP32-1 locally. I O/C'ed the 3D Prophet DDR-DVI to 160/360 and came up with 6061 3DMarks in 3DMark2000. Ran the benchmark 10 times with no problems.

For $39, you could take the $100 you're saving over one of those tempermental Abits, and just get a faster T-Bird or a better video card. I really didn't expect the board to be as good as it appears so far.
I tried mine out, too with a 1g TBird, and it runs just fine. Just not much else you can do with it tweakwise.

Thx Guys for all the help>> I have decided to take a computer course in college to better help me . I hope to have some more knowledge to help yall
stool (Feb 15, 2001 10:52 p.m.):
DaveB (Feb 15, 2001 10:46 p.m.):

I tried mine out, too with a 1g TBird, and it runs just fine. Just not much else you can do with it tweakwise.

stool (Feb 13, 2001 11:41 p.m.):
I bought one of these Gateway boards, and they are MSI K7T Pros. There are no overclocking options with this board.

Don't give up quite yet! I just got one of these gateway MSI Pro boards for $48 off Ebay and though it does not support multiplier changes you can always modify it to! Check out:

This is what I'm going to try. You basically fool the northgate into thinking that the cpu is sending a higher muliplier setting.

Back