• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to know which ram is best for i875 chipsets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunnybwoy

Registered
I have a P4 3.0E running at 3.75 on a IC7-MAX3 for quite some time now with the divider set at 4/5 and would like to get some memory that will run at 250MHZ with great timmings. Right now, im using the old school OCZ pc3200 platinum EB which im gonna take out (only 512MB single stick) and was leaning towards getting some TCCD, but what i've heard from a friend is that for the intel setup, it'd be better to find some BH-5 Ram. Anything you guys could recommend in particular, am I SOL with good timings and TCCD/TCC5?

stevenb

what density (size)?

I used the redline pc4000 2 gig kit and it did well on my 865pe

Also for 1 gig kit, i used the corsair 3200xl rev 1.2 which is tccd and i got around 270

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
The suggestion to use BH-5 would be dependent on your ability to feed it 3.4v or more, otherwise you will have a hard time getting 250 with ultra tight (2-2-2-5) timings unless you just happen to have a really sweet set.

TCCD based ram should be able to hit the 250 range with 2.5-3-3-7 (or perhaps even tighter) timings and would be a good choice if you are limited to the 2.9v or so range. These are still available from companies like OCZ, Mushkin, Corsair and Patriot to name a few.

Another alternative would be some Hynix based ram using the D5 IC. The latest revisions of these were capable of running 250 plus with similar timings as the TCCD. OCZ, Adata/Vistesta and others made PC3700 through PC4200 with these ICs and in all likelyhood these parts can still be found.

OP
S

sunnybwoy

Registered
Thank's alot guys, just like I thought, I'm gonna go for the TCCD sammy's based :)