• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Urgent Help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZooomIT

Registered
I have three questions:

1. i have a 16mb nvidia tnt (diamond viper550) where can i find the lastest drive JUST only for this card...i went to www.nvidia.com and they give me a detonator software that has all the card's driver or something...apparently it does NOT work

2. in windowME is there anyway to delete the login part before it load all those startup file...i just can't seem to get rid of it...i didn't put any pssw then i press ok...i used to do this many time and at next bootup the login thing doesn't show up anymore but now it keeps appear everytime before it load the startup...(u kno wat i mean?...it's kinda hard to explain...excuse me)

3. oh yea i used to have a pentium 2 combo with win xp installed and when i shut it down the thing never auto turn off power like other computer....now i have a duron combo and it happens just the same thing while my cousin has the same combo but it auto power off at the part "Now it's safe to turn off your computer"

any advise would be nice....

I might be able to help with the first one. Which driver did you try? When I had my Pine 32 meg PCI TNT-2, I tried the 23.11 for Win98, and the card didn't like it. I went back to the 21.83's, and everything was fine. They have the older drivers there as well.

2. in windowME is there anyway to delete the login part before it load all those startup file...i just can't seem to get rid of it...i didn't put any pssw then i press ok...i used to do this many time and at next bootup the login thing doesn't show up anymore but now it keeps appear everytime before it load the startup...(u kno wat i mean?...it's kinda hard to explain...excuse me)

It could be your network settings causeing that and there is a way to disable it by removeing something in your system config startup in the msconfig program.

3. oh yea i used to have a pentium 2 combo with win xp installed and when i shut it down the thing never auto turn off power like other computer....now i have a duron combo and it happens just the same thing while my cousin has the same combo but it auto power off at the part "Now it's safe to turn off your computer"

Just disable and re-enable your ACPI in the bios trying different settings each time till one works.I had the same problem and it must just be an ms flaw.

wildone

Back