• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need VCore MOD for slotket..MY Pentium 3 700 is undervolted....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Well I got my Pentium 3 700 in my AX6BC on a slotket...

The Slotket doesnt have any Vcore jumpers, Just jumper setting for Coppermine, Celeron, and VIA Cyrix....

The problem is that the CPU is undervolted, its only getting 1.60 VCore, Its sopposed to be 1.65.....Does Anybody know why it would be doing this? I have the latest BIOS for the board so it should be fine.....

I got freaked out when I put it in the first time and it wouldnt post, even after resetting the BIOS....So I threw in the Pentium 450 @600....Worked perfectly fine, So I tried setting the multi to 7.0 in the BIOS, restarted....shutdown, took the pentium 450 out, Stuck the 700, and it posted perfectly fine....weird...The P3 450 posted reguardless of what the multi was....it was always 4.5....Its new to me...

The CPU runs at 117FSB stable,(Ran Sandra Burn in ALL night) posts and tries to load Win98 at 129fsb but locks...133fsb doesnt even post. I guess this is all because its only getting 1.60 VCore....

Also, the Vantec AeroFlow hs/f works great, Even after running Sandra Burn in all night the heatsink was still just cool to teh touch this morn...the Temp reading is way off....18C...yeah in my dreams...

So...
After all my jibberish
Can someone point me to a sloket VCore mod? Id rather do it on the sloket than the CPU....

Your only option is 2.05V (VID3 to VSS, VID0, 1 or 2), which is kinda high.

Here's an article about the CV MOD, the only thing you need to do is solder a wire on the back of the slocket (Make sure you have the right pins!!), or do the pinhole method.

I suggest you look for a slocket that does have CV jumpers. (Maybe a Slot-T from Stratton for $19.95, which also lets you run Tualatin processors???).

Whoa....
Im not sure I want to go that high...

I thought there was a way to get like 1.85?

God I got one heck of a stepping for a processor...

If I have to go that high just to mod the slotket...I think Im willing try the VID PIn mod......by thats still very similar.....Darn! (language kept low for all the kiddies).....

If only my board was the pro version with VCore adjustment...

I just had a look how it was done on my Asus S370-DL slocket, basicly they insulated all VID pins and VSS (AK36), and then used some jumpers which are connected to VSS.

I don't know why I never read an article about that, I always heard there was no other way, and as I didn't have that problem I never had a look.

Well you can set your Core Voltage as you please:D

Enjoy

hmm....
Thanks for finding that but Im a bit confused....So the signals go from VID0-3 to VSS to determine the VCore?

Cause as soon as I make it to RadioShak Im gonna mod my slotket...

I went ahead and tried 2.05 VCore.....133fsb is stable perfectly But it seems that anything higher is unstable....That and it runs pretty warm.....a few more hours and Im taking it off, Right now its serving as a good burn in for the proc...

Thanks for finding the Info man...

Well basicly you fool the MOBO by making it 'see' different pins connected to VSS (Ground).

So by insulating all the VID pins and AK36 you no longer have anything to do with the internal connections of your CPU.

While (in your case) VID0, 1 and 2 are still connected to VSS, your MOBO no longer 'sees' them as being connected to VSS.

You could try to insulate VID0 and VID2, and then connect VID3 to VSS for 1.8V, but I'm not sure if that'll work (Might have to do with AK36, I mean they didn't insulate it for fun...or did they:p ..well on Tualatins AK36 is VID25mV, so there's probably a reason).
Those dip switches are easier in the long run anyway.

Back