• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need you guys help with a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT 1GB GDDR4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eruditejok3r

Registered
I bought a used Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT 1GB GDDR4 for $300 at local store. It was a card a customer returned but the store owner said it was like new. I went and got the card and is smoking fast but the problem is that I think is suppose to be even faster. According to specification is 742MHz core clock and stream processor clock, 1000MHz memory clock (2000MHz effective) I installed the latest drivers and is showing me something else. What is wrong?

ATI.JPG

I'm wondering if the lower specification showing on my card are cause maybe because the prior owner OC it too much.
The card is hooked up to a 580W PSU.

Thank you guys for your time.

I'm gonna guess that's your 2D clocks showing, it only fires up to 3D clocks when a 3D is started.

I'm gonna guess that's your 2D clocks showing, it only fires up to 3D clocks when a 3D is started.

Thank you for your reply. Are you saying those are real-time numbers? Is there any tools I can use to see if that is the case? ATI Tools will not work under XP x64 Pro.

Thank you again for your time.

That's odd. Your CCC doesn't have the Overdrive. Which would list current clocks, and max clock settings.

The way I check mine is to put CCC overdrive in my second monitor, and then run a benchmark program on the primary monitor, and you can watch clockspeeds in realtime.

I would first find out why overdrive is disabled in your CCC.

That's odd. Your CCC doesn't have the Overdrive. Which would list current clocks, and max clock settings.

The way I check mine is to put CCC overdrive in my second monitor, and then run a benchmark program on the primary monitor, and you can watch clockspeeds in realtime.

I would first find out why overdrive is disabled in your CCC.

You just gave me a clue and I think I found the solution.

Thank you :)

Check out why-->http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=544876&highlight=Overdrive+missing

I'm using two six pin power connector that came with the card when it should be two 8 pin.

$300... wouldnt an 8800Gt of been faster? :( i dont think it was such a great deal, 1g of ram and 512 isnt a huge diff yet in todays games according to an [H] comparison between a512 and 1G 8800GT.

Anyways, you could try to run ATITool while showing the speeds and it should show the 3d speeds.

$300... wouldnt an 8800Gt of been faster? :( i dont think it was such a great deal, 1g of ram and 512 isnt a huge diff yet in todays games according to an [H] comparison between a512 and 1G 8800GT.

Anyways, you could try to run ATITool while showing the speeds and it should show the 3d speeds.

Thank you for your reply, after a little research my questions were answer. You are right about 8800GT been the best bang for the buck, but mine sounds much better on paper :p Mine still little faster

lol, i do beleive someone is going for a #1 spot on 3dmark with a 2900XT 1G, overclock the madout of it and just dont use alot of AA :)

Back