• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UPDATE 4

@Dolk @Bill Dimwit @EarthDog @Pepi93 @don256us @maxfly @UltraTaco @Soulcatcher668 @Kenrou

UPDATE 4

I did all the suggestions from HOWIEJC troubleshooting guide, but it wasn't helpful in anyway.

I did the following actions:
UEFI:
- Install 1301 update and cleaned CMOS
- Customize fans curve and disable unnecessary EXT FANS
- Disable FastBoot
- Set X4 speed for PCIE3_3 and M.2_2 slots
- Set XMP 3,200 MHz
- Disable TurboBoost, SpeedShift/SpeedStep, C-states, Spread Spectrum and ASUS MultiCore Enhancement
- Set "Sync All Cores" to [37]

Windows:
- Completely reinstall Windows 7 and change to Ultimate SP1 version
- Install all drivers
- Disable Windows Update, Defender and Firewall
- Set High Performance Mode
- Set Windows Timer Resolution to 0.5ms with TimerTool and did all tests with it been enabled in the tray
- Disable Core Parking & Frequency Scaling with ParkControl form BitSum
- Set almost ALL (except of Intel SMBUS A2A3) PCI devices to use MSI instead of traditional IRQ channels - Set mouse polling to 1,000 MHz

NVIDIA Control Panel:
- Set Max Pre-Rendered Frames to "1"
- Set Prefer Max Performance (even tried Optimal Power as you said in some of your posts)
- Set Threaded Optimization to "ON"
- Disable G-\VSync and AA

MSI Afterburner:
- Completely reinstall it
- Check and correct all AB settings to have the perfect config

Games:
- Do tests with MAXIMUM and MINIMUM possible graphics settings (TLDR: wasn't helpful)
- Change render quality
- Change screen resolution to MAX and MIN

Settings and games logs in Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 with no updates:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DJw9FySD7Hw4sAGckB8cqjWYJLCqyxv9

Can you help me with any working advice?

Because I'm completely disappointed about these issues on the TOP ~5K$ RIG. =(
I really want to know what is the culprit, software or what worse — hardware. And how I can figure out the source of all this c**p?

P.S.
1. Have you any similar issue on your PC? If yes, how are you get rid of issues on your rig? Do you removed stuttering completely?
2. What are the most valuable tweaks for your PC?
3. Do you notice issues after set UEFI and Windows settings to default?
4. Do you play and have any issues in PUBG, CS:GO or games that I've tested?
5. Does Steam (running in the tray) affect games performance?
6. Is it better to run games without Steam if possible or there are no noticeable changes?

P.S. 2
I'll retest games with 43 or 47 CPU multiplier and TurboBoost enabled.

Ok I think we can say this is the point of cobra.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_effect

We are now beyond the point of which we could finally make any progress and determine what the issue really is. So far I haven't seen any conclusive data that this is a hardware issue. However it is a persistent issue within all OS environments, so this means that we are looking at a system level issue. We have also tried multiple different OS installs and re-install of all known firmware/drivers/BIOS. We have covered every base but doing the basics of trial and error. There are so many different options that you have tried that the pot has been stirred way too many times most likely leaving your system in a far worse state than when we started.

First off we need to move back to Win10 on a clean system with a single drive. From there I suggest that all you do is install the bare essentials as to what you need. No OC, no OC tools, no monitoring tools, no system tools no nothing. Just install a game that you are having trouble with, along with any required software that game requires. That's it. After which try with and without PROCESS LASSO and see if there is any difference.

Btw, are you using an HDMI or DP cable for your monitor?

Did you ever run the Intel XTU stress test and check for CPU thermal throttling, Power Limit throttling and VRM throttling?

Need Your Help! FPS Drops & Stuttering on High-End PC

NVIDIA Control Panel:
- Set Max Pre-Rendered Frames to "1"
- Set Prefer Max Performance (even tried Optimal Power as you said in some of your posts)
- Set Threaded Optimization to "ON"
- Disable G-\VSync and AA

- I always used Max Pre-rendered Frames on 4 and switched to default (3) when I started playing everything in Windowed Borderless, always got more FPS and much smoother gameplay (although at the cost of slightly more input lag which Fast Sync fixed). Although you can get more FPS in some setups when you lower to 1, the game gets more jittery/more stutter. Also some games don’t like true Fullscreen for some reason.
- Optimal power has caused slowdowns and driver crashes for me so stuck to Max Performance.
- Threaded Optimization is known to cause crashes in older games.
- AA shouldn’t cause any sort of glitches/crashes unless the game itself is bugged somehow or you have driver issues, it will however cause massive performance loss on anything lower then a 980ti/1070 in demanding games.

Ok I think we can say this is the point of cobra.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_effect

We are now beyond the point of which we could finally make any progress and determine what the issue really is. So far I haven't seen any conclusive data that this is a hardware issue. However it is a persistent issue within all OS environments, so this means that we are looking at a system level issue. We have also tried multiple different OS installs and re-install of all known firmware/drivers/BIOS. We have covered every base but doing the basics of trial and error. There are so many different options that you have tried that the pot has been stirred way too many times most likely leaving your system in a far worse state than when we started.

First off we need to move back to Win10 on a clean system with a single drive. From there I suggest that all you do is install the bare essentials as to what you need. No OC, no OC tools, no monitoring tools, no system tools no nothing. Just install a game that you are having trouble with, along with any required software that game requires. That's it. After which try with and without PROCESS LASSO and see if there is any difference.

Btw, are you using an HDMI or DP cable for your monitor?
Thanks for such huge amount of thoughts.
1. So, you think that's not a hardware problem, just system? What do you mean under "system issue", OS related, drivers, software or what?
2. I'll move back to Win10 after games testing with another monitor and AMD GPU on current Win7 OS.
3. Well, I should remove one storage device from rig (e.g. HDD) and do all tests with another one (e.g. SSD)? I guess I can't locate all games on my SSD, HDD is to slow in comparison with SSD.
4. I use 1.2 DP cable.

Ever heard the term K.I.S.S?

Keep It Simple, Stupid. Make sure that you use only what you need, and don't use any extra hardware or software for your system. System means the whole PC. With all the parts and pieces and software put together you have a very complex system. Tinkering it to the n'th degree to figure out one issue makes the system more and more complex. Thus the Cobra Effect.

Go back to the bear essentials and try building from there. If you have issues at the very simplest system setup, than you know you don't have to waste your time with excess hardware and software.

Ever heard the term K.I.S.S?

Keep It Simple, Stupid. Make sure that you use only what you need, and don't use any extra hardware or software for your system. System means the whole PC. With all the parts and pieces and software put together you have a very complex system. Tinkering it to the n'th degree to figure out one issue makes the system more and more complex. Thus the Cobra Effect.

Go back to the bear essentials and try building from there. If you have issues at the very simplest system setup, than you know you don't have to waste your time with excess hardware and software.
Don't pompous with speech. I've already said that I can't locate all games on SSD.
Will try to remove HDD but it seems to be placebo.

I'm sorry i know this is a pain for you but i would laugh my *** off if this turned out to be some anti-virus or malware running in the background... Increased latency points to either CPU or RAM if software is ruled out right ?

Did you ever run the Intel XTU stress test and check for CPU thermal throttling, Power Limit throttling and VRM throttling?
I had a almost identical problem with a older AMD system. Id look into this OP.

I second the keep it simple advice.
Remove anything form the PC that you do not need for it to run.
Install windows.
Install the drivers.
Install the Games.

No OC, No tweaks, no apps not needed to run the games, no updates. Just the OS, drivers and games.

I'm sorry i know this is a pain for you but i would laugh my *** off if this turned out to be some anti-virus or malware running in the background... Increased latency points to either CPU or RAM if software is ruled out right ?

Lol. No AV or FW in the background. Fresh Windows 7 UT SP1 installed. About what increase you're talking?

- - - Updated - - -

I had a almost identical problem with a older AMD system. Id look into this OP.

I second the keep it simple advice.
Remove anything form the PC that you do not need for it to run.
Install windows.
Install the drivers.
Install the Games.

No OC, No tweaks, no apps not needed to run the games, no updates. Just the OS, drivers and games.
Tried, no changes.

Don't pompous with speech. I've already said that I can't locate all games on SSD.
Will try to remove HDD but it seems to be placebo.

How is this pompous? I'm helping you out by giving you a new direction that can help simplify the matter. The simpler the system is, the easier it is to find an issue. What I'm asking is that we reduce everything to what we need and examine from there. Fresh OS, and one game installed, with all the required software needed to run the game. Don't install any excess software. The more you do, the more the system gets complicated and the harder it is to identify what the issue is.

How is this pompous? I'm helping you out by giving you a new direction that can help simplify the matter. The simpler the system is, the easier it is to find an issue. What I'm asking is that we reduce everything to what we need and examine from there. Fresh OS, and one game installed, with all the required software needed to run the game. Don't install any excess software. The more you do, the more the system gets complicated and the harder it is to identify what the issue is.

You're right in some cases but not completely.
If I'm gonna start with bare bones with only 1 game installed (which can be an issue itself) how can I gather true feed from other game (which can be perfect)?

You're right in some cases but not completely.
If I'm gonna start with bare bones with only 1 game installed (which can be an issue itself) how can I gather true feed from other game (which can be perfect)?

We know that tweaking your system a number of times has not resolved issues for those games in your bad list, but it also has not made any of the games in your good list end up in the bad list. Correct?

By that assumption, if you already know the good from the bad games that are not dependent on what you have tried in the past, than can we not simply conclude you have identified those that are truly good and bad?

We know that tweaking your system a number of times has not resolved issues for those games in your bad list, but it also has not made any of the games in your good list end up in the bad list. Correct?

By that assumption, if you already know the good from the bad games that are not dependent on what you have tried in the past, than can we not simply conclude you have identified those that are truly good and bad?

1. There is only one well working tweak, to cap 150 FPS which helps to GTA 5 only. No more valuable fixes/workarounds.
2. 50/50 true. With some of my made tweaks even "good" games tried to run worse but with issues in small amount, e.g. 2-3 random spikes.

P.S.
I tried to test WOT 1.0 on my laptop with NVIDIA 920M. Have noticed huge and frequent frame time spikes but in some period of time, not constant. Overall WOT frame time is good for my lap. Tried to test on MIN possible settings to see FPS difference. So, I can't count my laptop as start-point testing device because of it's "weakness" and age (3 years).

Just a thought, probably will not fix anything. But where is your page file? Try disabling it or moving it to another hdd that the games are not on.

Something tells me at this point. Its ether the games are poorly coded, modded or warez, something (likely the GPU or motherboard) is bad and throttling the CPU or GPU.
There is a tweak or setting that was over looked.

No AV? are you sure there is no malware in the system? Maybe format all you hdds and start clean, do not reuse any files just to be safe.

Do you have another system you can test he video card in?

Back