• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Needed Silent Case Mid- or Full-Tower

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just re-read this thread to see what you have tried up to this point. Zerileous was taking you down the right path. Sounds like a dead Mobo unfortunately. RMA time.

1. How much sending a mobo to the manufacturer might cost to repair?

I emailed AsRock throught the form they have on their website, but they automatically referred me to the retailer. I wonder why they have that form at all. Before that I was reading their rules and they always refer to the retailer that sold the item in case of RMA and yet they have those long RMA forms on their website.

2. Did someone had warranty handling experience with AsRock?

Also, bought Phantex p400s. Have buyers remorse. After I ordered I looked again at beQuite pure base 600 and realized that it has brand silent fans from the start as opposed to phantex which comes with some unknown fans. Which case do you think is better silence and tempretures? Overall pure base 600 has good reviews. The bad 600 reviews cite bad cooling temps. Are the temperatures really bad?

All silent cases are going to have comparatively bad thermals. Yes beQuiet! probably has some of the nicest fans on the market, however I doubt the phanteks are going to be bad. Go with whichever one you like, you can always add/replace fans later if needed.

For the warranty, it appears that Asrock has a 1 year motherboard warranty. Unfortunately you may need to replace it. It may be best to go down the route you were considering previously of building a new system.

I have dealt with ASRock RMA on two occasions. Both for the same motherboard. I believe their policy is that if you bought it from a brick and mortar store like Micro-center or Best Buy then you should take it back to them but since I bought mine from Newegg I dealt with ASRock directly. I can't say they weren't hesitant to RMA the board. I had to document everything I tried and there was a small amount of hassle but in the end it was RMA'd (twice) and replaced with an acceptable replacement board. Stay persistent with them and provide them with whatever proof you need to prove that the board is at fault. I don't remember what it cost to ship the board but it was much less then buying a new board so well worth it. You cost would be different anyhow.

Not sure why you went with the p400 case. It's not marketed as a silent case. The Phanteks fans are good fans though, quiet but not really silent. I wouldn't go so far as to say all silent cases have bad thermals but they will certainly have worse thermals than an open mesh type case.

EDIT:

A wise man once said (OK he said it multiple times LOL) You can choose any of the two, Silent, Cheap, or Cool.

Back