• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nehalem vs Core 2 Club - Brolloks comparison

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm...I'd say, put the Nehalem at 5 GHz, the Yorkfield at 5.5GHz, and the Wolfdale at 6.

...oh wait...wrong thread. :p

Wow, since when do people game, fold, 24/7 use their PC's with LN2?:p

Last edited:
I will bench on air untill I can get a 1366 adaptor for the GTZ, will also use regular DDR3 untill I get the tri-channel sticks.

Wow, since when do people game, fold, 24/7 use their PC's with LN2?:p

hahahahahaaa.....I'd love to try though, some method of directly plumbing from the gas farm to me. j/k :beer:

Seriuosly though, these chips are going to be great for people with cascades. I'm going to start looking for a builder as soon as I get back from LA.

Yes, I am interested in seeing some pure Clock for clock comparisons.

If your not using multiple graphics cards I can already say the results gonna be within 5% for gaming but I'm still interested anyways.

Good , i was waiting for someone on the forums to give a real life comparison. Its getting really difficult to have faith on those famous review-sites.
A request: Please overclock the Nehalem only till where it goes with reasonable voltages, that most of us can attain for 24x7 use. Same for C2Q and C2D
Looking forward to this

I will sure treat the CPU's nice....initially, although as some know I have no issues with pumping 1.6 volts into any CPU ;)

The i7 results thus far only reach Core 2 speeds on LN2 and I don't plan to go there.

Subscribed! Way to go Brolloks. I know I got loads of information from your x48/p45 comparison which helped me with my buying decisions. This comparison, will give enthusiasts the facts to make wise buying decisions as well. Thank You for your dedication to fellow OCers.

what the board has SAS? thats cool, i thought about getting a SAS setup at one time.

that sucks you didnt get the OC palm that its another version of the board.. thats just lame esp for the cost of the board...

Back