• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nero crashes when trying to burn a VCD...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MorGoth

Everytime i try to burn a vcd, Nero crashes. I drag the file into the apprioate spot, then hit the burn button, and Nero crashes and dissapears....does anyone know why this happens, and is there anyway to fix it?...

thanks

b0bby

MorGoth said:
Everytime i try to burn a vcd, Nero crashes. I drag the file into the apprioate spot, then hit the burn button, and Nero crashes and dissapears....does anyone know why this happens, and is there anyway to fix it?...

thanks

weird. are you letting nero encode to vcd format or are you dragging a vcd compliant mpg into the vcd template. thats weird how you get no error msgs before the crash. i would try it on your other system just to see if something isn't right with the one your doing it on now. then see from there.

OP
MorGoth

MorGoth

how would i let nero encode it to vcd format?...the file is in xvid codec...i think that might have something to do with it....

b0bby

MorGoth said:
how would i let nero encode it to vcd format?...the file is in xvid codec...i think that might have something to do with it....

i wouldn't use nero to encode at all if possible, that would be like plan Z. hit up www.videohelp.com and look for "convert". it'll teach you what programs to use to convert from format A to format B, etc. my favorite is tmpgenc, currently i use the newest tmpgenc 3.0 xpress. very easy to use and probably the best you could find. after the xvid (mpeg4) gets converted to vcd format (mpeg1), you can use nero's vcd template and simply just drag the mpg file to the drop slot and burn. i would advise reading videohelp.com and actually convert xvid to svcd (mpeg2) which has a higher bitrate and overall better quality than vcd. the s stands for super vcd so its pretty good quality. the closest to DVD quality you can get on a CD-R. also the original source matters, if you original source (the xvid avi file) was poor quality, then doing a vcd or svcd wouldn't matter so go with the vcd. hope that helps. goodluck, ask if you have any problems.