• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

>.< Nero Hates me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mico said:
Oooh...it's SCSI...
Hmm...are you using a SCSI drive and maybe it's not supporting it?

It doesn't have to be SCSI to give you that error. It just means something is wrong when Nero is trying to talk to the drive.
Try the drivers given at Abit's site. Here
I'll look for a site where someone took the best stable drivers for NF2 board and post the link soon.
In the mean time try removing the drive from Device Manager and letting the system redetect it.

Just wondering is it only happening with Nero? Another good burning application tho not free is Alchohol 120%. A free app to burn a CD would be to drag&drop in Windows.

Found the site on Nforce Drivers. Here
Try using the Latest NForce2 Drivers from Nvidia and see if they work, use mwarheads nvida reset tool first to get a clean install. See if the problem still exists if it does then use the Drivers at mwarheads.

my plextor 12-10-32 drive me nuts for weeks causing WinXP to reboot while burning.....turned out to be a firmware upgrade that fixed it.

As similar thing happend to me for what seemed like no reason. Mine worked again when I re-installed (for another reason) so perhaps uninstalling the device via the device manager (and then re-instaling it) or doing a reparin install would help (probably). Oh, and other burning apps didn't help either, they all did the same thing.

Did this happen prior to you updating the firmware? Just an idea, try reflashing the firmware, make sure the jumpers are set correctly for master/slave for that channel, try changing to the other ide channel making sure the master/slave setting is correct when doing it, and have you tried using a different burning software. www.downloads.com has alot of different ones that you can use on a trial basis to see if its the drive or a compatibility problem between the drive and the software's burning engine.
Juat a few ideas to try, hope this helps out.

Tread

just a question, it might sound silly. but what is the wattage on your powersupply and what brand? i was have same issue with my PC until i found out that my PS was crapping out on me. just a hint, not that i think im right.

Back