• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nero Player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quint

Registered
I have finished rebuild of computer: Abit ST6, Celeron 1.3, Maxtor Quiet Plus 40 gig, XP Home. I have a Mat****a DVD/CD ROM, and just installed a new Liteon 48x12x48 CDRW (as master, DVD as slave). It came with Nero 5.5. I installed the Nero burn and Nero player software, but not the Nero drivers. I also have the MS Media player installed. When I play a CD in the Liteon or DVD with the Nero player, after a song or two, the player hangs with the following error message: Digital Audio Extraction Error
Do you want to save logh file? Yes No

The whole screen freezes up, but if I right click on the Nero player icon in the task bar, and click on close, after a few seconds it will close, and the computer unfreezes.

I can play a CD in the MS Media player with no problem.

Do I need to uninstall the MS drivers for the Liteon unit and install the drivers on the Nero CD? Help! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Back