• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NetBIOS Shares via Proxy???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nico3k

does anyone know if there is a way to mount a remote share on your computer through a proxy.
my router over here disables all outgoing connections to ports 135-140 (netbios)

First I would try to enable outgoing netbios, but if that option doesn't exist, you could always ask the person to turn on an FTP or HTTP server, or VPN to them, if they have a router that you can set up to connect to.

heh... well i cant access my nor their router... my router isnt exactly mine.. its my dads and he will get ****ed if i touch it.

ask them to set up an FTP site, or have them upload it to a common space somewhere

well my question wasnt if there is another way of doing it... i can list u a million different ways... my question is if i can mount a netbios share through any kind of proxy.

thats all i ask... thanks

Back