• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Netflix will be on the Wii soon!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
We just signed up to stream Netflix on our Tivo. I wonder if we will be able to use Wii Netflix on the same account? That would be great. :)

penquissciguy

This will be great for me personally. I'm not interested in getting a PS3 or 360, and I already have Netflix and a Wii. People keep predicting the death of the Wii, but I think there's still life left.

Ken

Niku-Sama

now if only they can figure out the tHD thing, it was available on pre-release media review consoles (720P) but before release it got updated outa there. i remember it from kotakus pre release reviews

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Meh... maybe it was the connection (likely) but I couldnt even get youtube vids to not be jittery none the less full movies streamed in the Wii.

And no HD? MEH. No thanks. I didnt buy a bangin 1080p TV 5 years ago to not watch things in at least 720p, and now 1080i/p (from Bluray of course).

OP
Joeteck

Joeteck

Retired
Meh... maybe it was the connection (likely) but I couldnt even get youtube vids to not be jittery none the less full movies streamed in the Wii.

And no HD? MEH. No thanks. I didnt buy a bangin 1080p TV 5 years ago to not watch things in at least 720p, and now 1080i/p (from Bluray of course).

The wii can't stream yet... Well not with netflix until the spring..

OP
Joeteck

Joeteck

Retired
I own the Wii, I don't plan on getting an Xbox or a PS3. My kids are not old enough to want any of those... However, I want to stream movies and I don't have a HTPC nor do I care to build one just for streaming. A HTPC is too complicated for the rest of the household. Therefor, Streaming from the Wii, is much MUCH easier for the rest of the family, and to be honest is nice to see them join the same team! The Roku has dropped in price to $79 bucks if anyone cares... A dedicated tiny box for streaming Netflix content if you don't own more than one Xbox, ps3 or Wii.

Lavacon

This will be a great addition to the wii if implemented well. The wii has great market saturation and this could be a win for both Nintendo and Netflix. Hopefully if looks good for not being HD. I likes me some HD..... wii 2 perhaps :)

OP
Joeteck

Joeteck

Retired
This will be a great addition to the wii if implemented well. The wii has great market saturation and this could be a win for both Nintendo and Netflix. Hopefully if looks good for not being HD. I likes me some HD..... wii 2 perhaps :)

What is nice about my setup in my lower level. ( I have 3 home theaters in my home) The Yamaha RX-665 up converts any video input to 1080p to HDMI. So my Wii is 1080p when I play my games. Looks very nice... on the 46" Regza. When I click the info button on my TV remote it says 1080p. I understand its an up convert and not true HD, however it still looks nicer than 480p.

Chixofnix

Wonderful move! If it doesn't cost extra (beyond my long-standing netflix account), HD limitations aside I'm sure to at least give this a shot when it's available :D.

So it does not steam how does it work?

Gaming consoles of yesteryear used steam engines, but recent technological advances have allowed the use of such marvels as electricity... The casual gamer can now even finish a level of tetris without shoveling coal into the furnace :eek:. What wonders will they think of next?!? :cool:

OP
Joeteck

Joeteck

Retired
Wonderful move! If it doesn't cost extra (beyond my long-standing netflix account), HD limitations aside I'm sure to at least give this a shot when it's available :D.

Gaming consoles of yesteryear used steam engines, but recent technological advances have allowed the use of such marvels as electricity... The casual gamer can now even finish a level of tetris without shoveling coal into the furnace :eek:. What wonders will they think of next?!? :cool:

Mis-spelled word "Steam" should have been "STREAM"

Doh!