• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

netgear rp114 router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmcnudgent

k, heres the situation, i have the above mentioned router, and i have set up apache server. when i post my pics now on the site, oc.com, all i get to see is a little box with a x in it. is anyone familiar with this router, and no how i can set it so that i can see the pics that i host?? thanks. i am also including my new desktop wallpaper, for anyone that wants to down load it, and another example that i cannot see the pic on our site.:(
neo1.jpg

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
I can see the pic fine. A friend of mine had a SMC that also did the "can't see your own website" thing, he never got it to work.

su root

in your C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\HOSTS file, put the line:
Code:
192.168.0.10              jdmcnudgent.no-ip.info
where 192.168.0.10 is your webserver. do this on all your internal computers.

su root

yeah, you add that line in addition to what's there, and change the 192.168.0.10 to whatever your webserver's IP is.

su root

This is what should happen:

hosts.gif
Your system checks the HOSTS file first before checking with the DNS server, so by defining www.icantypeanythinghere.com as an IP in my HOSTS file, it resolves it there first.

It's possible that your computer is still using the old DNS entry.. try rebooting, that should flush it.

Last edited: