• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network Help Me!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DUREX

Disabled
ok guys this is my setup i got my cable modem goes into my linksys 4 port router/switch and i got a 8 port switch connected to my router all my computers work on it and everything well i got 2 computers hooked up on the switch in my room there both running windows xp Pro i cant get them to share i did the xp setup network and crap liek that on both pcs both pcs see each other in my network but when u click on the icon of the diff computer says not accesible you might not have permission to access this network resource on the bottom it says the network path was not found hwo can i get these to computers to share they see each other but they wont share???????????

Are you running software firewalls on the machines, that will have impact(and if ytou are behind a router you don't need it). Also make sure you have set a shared folder and it's permissions

ronin1967 said:
Are you running software firewalls on the machines, that will have impact(and if ytou are behind a router you don't need it). Also make sure you have set a shared folder and it's permissions

I disagree. a software firewall like Zone Alarm will stop unauthorized programs from reaching the internet which the router will not do.

Are the rigs on the same workgroup? can you right click network neighborhood and search for them by name? if found this way are they fully accesable?

Back