• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network+ or Server+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YviE

Hey,

I'm considering passing either the Network+ or the Server+ certification, which one is :
- the most useful
- the hardest to pass

Thanx in advance for your help

YviE

I would have to say Net+ would be more useful for getting your foot in the door. Most entry level persons don't touch the servers except to do maintenance (a la add new users or maybe backup).

But why not get them both? ;)

Thanx for your reply Renegade.

I think I'll go with Network+, but that'll be in a couple of months. The thing is that I'm not really sure if I'm going to be working in the IT - field. But I'm thinking having a couple of certifications wouldn't do any harm if I ever decide to go that direction.
I'm currently majoring in business studies.

YviE

I took the Net+ and thought it was too easy. I almost aced the test, I think I got one Q wrong on the entire test. I think it is a good Cert to have if you are planning on a IT job/career

I don't really know much about networks, just basics. When I decide to pass this certification, I will buy one of those study guides. So I guess it won't be that easy for me.

YviE

I just took the Network+ on Friday the 2nd and got an 820 out of 900. Took me a little more than 20 minutes to do. It is really easy but it is a good cert in my opinion.

Hey AC!

You getting the same certs as me! eheh
Good job on the Network+ cert! Congrats.

Did you study for this one?

YviE

Yeah I studied a bit, it's not too hard though. Just know your protocols (what layers of the OSI model they are in and what they do), port #'s, and real world trouble shooting and you will be fine.

Back