• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

never trust a dalmation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

viking84

My xp2100 was running slow, taking a long time to complete work units and do other tasks. I started disk defragmenter, and saw that my files harddrive was full...it is 74 gigs of space but should only have about 20 gig of files in there.

I went to explorer and started going thru files one at a time looking at sizes, saw that my kids' 102 Dalmations game file was 50.4 GB!! :eek: (and I thought that my online games took up some space)

inside the game was a notepad file that was 52,558,616KB... a NOTEPAD file!!

when I tried to open it my computer basically laughed at me...any guesses how many pages it would be if I tried to print it out??

ah well...delete and go on

my cousin had a log file that was 134GB. he had just bought a nice fat 200gig drive, installed all his programs and went to bed. it was about 16 hours later that he was able to get to mess with his computer again, he was totally shocked that the drive was already that full. it turns out that Windows XP crashed, while shuting down it got stuck in a loop writing the log file.

........... on the other hand, maybe it didn't get stuck in a loop :eh?:

john240sx said:
my cousin had a log file that was 134GB. he had just bought a nice fat 200gig drive, installed all his programs and went to bed. it was about 16 hours later that he was able to get to mess with his computer again, he was totally shocked that the drive was already that full. it turns out that Windows XP crashed, while shuting down it got stuck in a loop writing the log file.

........... on the other hand, maybe it didn't get stuck in a loop :eh?:

Good thing he didn't get an extra dalmation stuck in there at the same time. That would really stuff the system up.

When you said taking a long time to complete work units, how long were they taking?

Back