• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new 3.0E D0 stepping in the bat computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
Got me a brand spankin' new Prescott D0 steppings today. Slapped that sucker into my "blue" system.

3.00GHZ/1M/800
SL7E4 Philippines
7419A100

default vcore=1.385v

idle temps @ 3.0 gig: sys=27, CPU=42, PWM=31
load temps @ 3.0 gig: sys=29, CPU=51, PWM=39

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
:attn: :attn: :attn: :attn: :attn:

temps look same as CO,correct? i dont know your rigs temps well is all.

may the oc gods give you 4ghz and 4.3ghz if they like you!! :D

KrisMCool

Any noticeable differences in temps compared to the earlier steppings? Any benches yet? And the important question: How well does she OC?

Not to push, but you had to know we were gonna ask. ;) Good luck, hope she's a winner.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
my job today:
refresh,post
refresh,post
refresh,drool,post
refresh,root for batboy,post
refresh,cuss batboys cpu,post
refresh,appoligise to said cpu,post
congradulate batboy on a 4.3ghz oc!,post

well i hope it goes that way!

OP
batboy

batboy

Senior Moment
CPU idle temp at default 2.8 gig on my old C0 Prescott was 41.5 and load was 49.5, so not much difference.

Tried running at 3.6 gig on default, but it wasn't completely stable, but 3.5 gig seems fine at default vcore (1.36v measured). I'm defragging the harddrive now... guess I'll try 3.8 gig for my next adventure.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
batboy said:
CPU idle temp at default 2.8 gig on my old C0 Prescott was 41.5 and load was 49.5, so not much difference.

Tried running at 3.6 gig on default, but it wasn't completely stable, but 3.5 gig seems fine at default vcore (1.36v measured). I'm defragging the harddrive now... guess I'll try 3.8 gig for my next adventure.
this may be an indicator but 3.5ghz at default is eactly what i got with this 2.8E from you on my prommy.

you will see 4ghz no doubt!
long as you can keep temps down and it can handle 1.5vcore

OP
batboy

batboy

Senior Moment
Weird... won't even do 3.8 gig. I'm testing 3.6 gig with one vcore bump. It seems stable at that speed.

DocLiv

Congrats batboy! Good to see ya finally got it. :)

3.8 is a no go? Hmm, maybe it just needs a little break in time. :confused:

OP
batboy

batboy

Senior Moment
Ok, finally got 3.8 gig, but I had to use the 1.5125v setting (1.47-1.49v actual). I have it burning in at that speed now. Not very happy with this thing so far. I was expecting much more with the new stepping.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
yeh isnt looking as good as i thought either.

whats the max vcore your willing to run on h20?
and also what temps you getting now?

OP
batboy

batboy

Senior Moment
Load CPU temp at 3.8 gig was 58 degrees. Sneaking up the speed slowly and a little at a time. Running at 3.9 gig now. It's starting to come alive, maybe the Arctic Silver had to settle a little or maybe it just needed thrashed a bit to break it in or something. Getting a little nervous about pouring so much vcore to this thing. Gawd these Prescotts are power hungry devils. The actual measured vcore is drooping more at higher speeds.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
what bios you useing bat?
the latest 24 i think it is gave me issues at and above 1.5vcore actual.
i use bios 22 atm

whats the max vcore you plan on using?
the ic7 undervolts as we know but i seen my best boost and stable voltage setting in bios at 1.58-1.61 vcore bios settings and delivered 1.54-1.57vcore actual.

OP
batboy

batboy

Senior Moment
I'm using BIOS 22.

Prescott+D0+4+gig.JPG

Last edited:

krag

Classifieds Moderator
You dog! How'd you get yours before me? :p

Mine should be here tomorrow. Nice bro 4gig OC Valhalla!!!

I don't have my modded IC7 yet so I'll have to put it in my P4C800-E

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Enlighten me fellas. Whats the safe v-core limit for pressys?

I see that batbot has his on 1.568....is that safe?

OP
batboy

batboy

Senior Moment
I don't have a load temp at 4 gig. At 3.9 gig it was knocking on 60 degrees load temp. Actual measured vcore was 1.568v at 4 gig, but BIOS setting was 1.6125v.

OP
batboy

batboy

Senior Moment
Hehehe, not really... maybe safe for the CPU, but probably not for the mobo. I didn't run it there very long, believe me. Up to 1.5v is probably fine for long term, above that... well, it starts getting risky mainly because the power mosfets start getting really hot.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
batboy said:
Hehehe, not really... maybe safe for the CPU, but probably not for the mobo. I didn't run it there very long, believe me. Up to 1.5v is probably fine for long term, above that... well, it starts getting risky mainly because the power mosfets start getting really hot.
throw a fan on em if you havent already.

man this is making me sad.i think ill throw my vcore upto 1.6v and see what this 2.8E can do.
hopefully no deaths will happen but i do have my trusty 2.8C backup still.

everything looks good so far.
id guess after the as5 sets up and its burnt in a little it will loosen up and allow 4.1ghz
not the miracle chips but still damn good.
beats the 3.0c you have by 200mhz and the performance boost of the prescott should make it really shine.

Kar

Registered
I just got a prescott today, 3.2E and Damn it!! C0 stepping.
I was asking for a d0-stepping, the sale rep has no idea at all
"what do u mean espec number??"

[email protected]
vcore 1.40
47c idle, 60c load
prime95 stable for 2 hours, good enough for me:)
slk900u 92mm tornado

I will get a sp94 soon, when i get the cash.