• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 7500 problem...drivers perhaps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AarontheJC

Alright. My friend Josh just got a retail 7500 and put it in his P3 450 (Win98) rig. He's having to run it at 1x AGP -I think that's all his board supports. I'll get you specs on his board and other hardware later. He's using shipping drivers, but I'm downloading him some newer ones now.

The problem: When in games, and you draw your mouse over a menu (as in CS), the screen flickers for just an instant.

Also: There are dotted lines through the Windows startup screen (green mostly) and also through all game screens. When in the desktop, though, all is fine.

He gets very heavy artifacting in most apps (CS and 3DMark2001 specifically).

Changing refresh rates didn't help, and neither did installing DX8. We cleaned out his registry from all previous cards (TNT2 16MB PCI) and I checked up on his BIOS. All seems well, but I only had 15 minutes, so I couldn't do a whole lot to it. The monitor is running about the mean of spec for refresh rates and resolution.

Like I said, I didn't have a lot of time, so I only tried a few things. After every uninstall and reinstall of drivers (we tried two) and a restart to log him on the network, I only had a few minutes.

I hope these new drivers fix the problem, but it seems really strange to me that this would occur with shipped drivers and a second set that he downloaded (which were way out of date).

Post for me if you know the fix.

Thanks much

Aaron

New drivers shoulf cure the problem. Have never heard of the prob and I have tried all the drivers pretty much available for the 7500 and have never had any probs.

I have settled for the tweaked and most recent drivers from http://www.omegacorner.com/

There was a fix issued by them for a refresh rate prob on March 9/02. These drivers should cure your ill.

Cisco Kid

7500 is a great card.

Back