• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 7900xtx, no video output

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
I just got a new 7900xtx (Sapphire, reference cooler). All lights on the motherboard (Asus ProArt X570) suggest it is getting past POST, and fans spin, but on either HDMI to a TV or DisplayPort to a monitor, the display detects a connection, but never gets a video signal. Troubleshooting suggestions?

Last edited:
Solution
Got it reseated, that fixed it. Other issues now, but not GPU related. My memory kit is very bad or the motherboard is very bad. Memtest86+ itself crashes within a minute there are so many failures. This is a two-year-old build that I finally got a not-ridiculously-over-MSRP GPU for...
Got it reseated, that fixed it. Other issues now, but not GPU related. My memory kit is very bad or the motherboard is very bad. Memtest86+ itself crashes within a minute there are so many failures. This is a two-year-old build that I finally got a not-ridiculously-over-MSRP GPU for...

Solution
Crucial ballistix, 4x16gb. RMA already started, though they said they'd have to find an equivalent since they stopped production of the ones I have. No CPU-Z because no Windows (and won't be).

Oh yeah, I read they stopped using the Ballistix name. At least there's a new kit on the way. Hopefully you will get an 'upgrade' replacement sense they can't give you an exact swap. :)

Back