• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New AK35GTR, No POST!!!! Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
Just set up my new AK35GT-R, and it won't post. No beeps. The fans spin and the led's light up. What's going on?

My old AK31 bit it after I damaged something when replacing the NB heatsink. It gave me one long beep and didn't post. So, whatever the problem is with the new board, its not the same as with the old one.

I tested my cpu and ram 2 weeks ago when the AK31 died. They worked fine, so I stowed them in static-free packaging until the AK35 came. I guess I should test my video card out too.

That's all you need to POST right- cpu, video card, ram, mobo, and PSU?

I did modify the AK35 by putting Arctic Alumina under the NB heatsink and I added a piece of heatsink to the SB too.

Maybe I have something hooked up wrong or not seated properly? CPU fried?

Anyone got any other ideas why this thing won't POST or even beep? If I can't figure it out, I'll have to clean up my little mods on the NB and SB and RMA it...

ur a drunk

Registered
My guess is its.......ur......CPU! How u know that bugger is any good now? Its modified. Make sure u didnt inadverdently put goop around the little contacts when u pulled it or put it back on the board. Mine booted rite up when i got it.....course now its dead cuz i made a boo boo. My first RMA since I started putting PC's together in 96. That little **** bios chip is a mother to do a hot swap with unlike the old long legged eproms.....so fudge it I sent it back....

apache.gif

OP
Arkaine23

Arkaine23

cpu

I tested the cpu in another computer after the AK31 failed. But that was two weeks ago. I stored it in its original packaging after cleaning it off... however I did unlock it while I was waiting for the AK35 to come. I've unlocked it before and relocked it. Maybe it isn't done correctly... although that would just not give me all the multiplyers since I double-checked it before I installed it to be sure no bridges were cross-connected.

I plan on testing the cpu, video card, and ram again tomorrow. But I'm gonna try reseating them first and making sure everything is wired correctly.

It does sound like a cpu problem to me as well though, since there are no diagnostic beeps.

Arctic

if there is no beeps or anything... and no post... first..make sure your ram is in tight and second I think you might smash the core when you put on your HSF

OP
Arkaine23

Arkaine23

fixed

I got it to POST just a while ago... I think the Ram was not sitting right. All multiplyers work. Now I just have to hook up my PCI cards and set up all the drivers/OS.