• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW- AMD Clawhammer socket754 cooling design

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
LINK

Looks extensive. There's going to be a lot of pressure riding on that chip - literally - requiring the use of a reinforcement backplate. Interesting article, very informative and a great preview of things soon to come.

LocutusofBorg

Disabled
Ouch!
and i thought it was a PITA
to mount a MC462

i saw this a few months ago with
a review of a prototype clawhammer 800mhz
that toasted a P4 2 gig

clawhammer is gonna kick arse

D

Dragon_Engineer2

I like the new heat sink mount design.I really like the one on the third page.Turning the cam to release the clip is very nice.

Emericana

ya when i am forced to upgrade to clawhammer (will do this after i max out the last cpu to be based on barton), i have no clue wtf i am gonna do w/ all of my socket A stuff i have so many random heatsinks... planning on switching to h2o this week and wow i dont know wtf i am gonna do w/ my block once socket a is done... maybe epoxy it to a gpu?

OP
donny_paycheck

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
The later versions will be SOI, so supposedly they'll use as little as 30 watts! :D

T20

summer? yeww no hammer for doom ;(
Oh well, I guess I will just take my girl out to dinner or something... Naw, better buy somethign for the car.