• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Antec PSU: Neopower 480

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Radar

Product Link
SilentPCReview Review

NeoPower.jpg

New features:
  • First retail PSU with 120mm fan for Antec.
  • First retail PSU with ActivePFC for Antec.
  • First retail PSU with ATX12V v2.0 compliance for Antec.
  • First retail PSU with detachable, customizable peripheral output cables

It looks like a good adition to Antec's lineup and is certainly very different from the PSU's they've made in the past. I wonder how well it will do in the real world.

tehnull

Nice. I kinda gotta wonder how much resistance the extra connector on modular psus add.
I don't think it's really a problem except with huge loads (ie pelts) I think they may cause heating.

daniel_dynasty

its 160 shipped... not worth it even if you have those. i bet some1 can mod one to be like that. jus cut short the molex wires, then reconnect and let the molex stick out like they have

dicecca112

I don't like the idea of those cables. I would be afraid they would come loose. But would definetly reduce case clutter.

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
That Antec looks really nice, but i'm not too thrilled about the +12v rail @ 18A. The 2nd +12v rail is 15A. If it has adjustable pots ( which i know 4 sure it doesn't. It isn't Antec's MO) for $160 I would say it's a nice deal.

ChampsElysees

Registered
i really like that FrozenCPU design, and since the connectors are indented into the unit, i would expect they would snap in like any connector would to your hard drive

Oklahoma Wolf

Senior Warranty Validity Sealed Stick Remover
Nice looking PSU... not sure if CWT is still supplying these for Antec, but I will admit to looking up CWT's UL approval sheet and spotting several models from 330w to 480w with a "Neo" label next to them. Wonder if this means these will be coming in other power levels other than 480w.

At any rate, Antec did a good job prettying these up it looks like - I may have to get one once I get my hands on a windowed case for my other system :)

Radical

Looks cool. It also looks like Antec really copied Seasonic with that grill, 120 fan, and no 111-220V switch. Not that I'm complaining.

Vertigo Acid

Nebulous said:
That Antec looks really nice, but i'm not too thrilled about the +12v rail @ 18A. The 2nd +12v rail is 15A. If it has adjustable pots ( which i know 4 sure it doesn't. It isn't Antec's MO) for $160 I would say it's a nice deal.
28 amps of +12v on a 480w supply and you're complaning? :rolleyes: