• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*NEW* Asus P4SDX Pics!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cursor

Can be found here!

It looks pretty sweet to me, but I still can't fathom why I need Gigabit ethernet (besides the "mine is bigger than yours" factor--which is nice! ;)).

This review says to watch out for R1 of Sis 655 boards as they will not have hyperthreading support!

Unfortunately I still can't find word as to whether or not Dual DDR boards need ram in 2 slots or if they can hyperthread off one "double sided" stick. Or even if Dual ddr boards will work with only one stick. :confused:

Notice the chipset looks funky--rather than the traditional silicon it looks very much like a cpu. I gotta say this board seems to have it all, ieee 1394, raid, dual ddr, serial ATA, and even 4 usb ports on the back! :clap: :drool:

Oh and did I mention this?
I
I
V

JohnnyTheRed

I'm slowly learning about this dual channel ddr....so a quick question....from what I got out of that article....the SiS 655 boards will be runnin DCDDR333....while the Intel GB boards will "only" be runnin DCDDR266...is that correct?

Id love to get my hands on that, but I can't wait :/ Building new comp now...

Last edited:
OP
cursor

cursor

Yeah, that's true, however there was another thread that talked about this. I'm too lazy to search for it. It basically said that that's a non-issue for a while. The current generation of processors and the next gen won't be able to use all of the bandwidth offered by dual channel ddr266 (PC2100). In the other thread it was compared to a bag. It's like you have 5 pounds of "stuff" and you have a 10 pound bag. The bag is great, but you can't really use the extra space in it.

Ok, so I looked up the thread:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135465&highlight=dual

You may also want to look at this article from the www.overclockers.com front page:
http://www.overclockers.com/tips00157/

larva

Inactive Moderator
It's pretty simple

The bandwidth of the 533 FSB is equal to that provided by dual channel PC2100 DDR sdram. Since the means to utilize more bandwidth is not present at the current fsb rate, Intel doesn't support running the memory faster. Just like 845 chipsets though, faster memory types will almost assuradely fucntion on the new intel chipets, especially if the fsb is elevated beyond the official 533MHz.