• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New ATI card owner reporting !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zephon

Registered
Hi all, I'm new to here.

I had just throw off my old GeForce FX 5200nu (Asus V9520 Magic) and received my new PowerColor Readon 9600XT Bravo(with 2.8ns mem). All I wants to say is :

WOW, LOOK AT THE PERFORMANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it's my computer, I just feels like playing a PS2 or Xbox (Lord Of The Ring : The Return Of The King)

Anyway one of my friend told me that my upgrade is somehow like upgrading my speed from riding a donkey to drive a Ferrari...
And yet I'm have my Haft-Life 2 coupon now.

I used to be a nVidia supporter untill I got my FX 5200, I really cry out with it's performance..., and now, I just shout :"ATI !!" while playing game and when talking about graphic card. :) :) :)

Last edited:

Andy71600

I am also brand new to ATI... I put my BBa 9800 pro in yesterday and omfg im loving it!

My only complaint is that Halo doesnt work any more... whenever i load up the game and start to play all of the textures are just grey... :(

Kessel

Registered
I thought I had the same problem as you with my 9800 pro Andy but after trying cat 3.7-3.9 then Omega drivers I found that with the cat drivers you have to change the 3D settins to high quality from performance or whatever the default is set at.

It was driving me nuts re-installing driver after driver because the graphics for Halo we're dull and grey just like what i'm assuming you are currently experiencing. I guess high performance means very little textures/colors where Halo is concerned. Change your 3D options in the ATI control panel to high quality then report if its still messed up for not
:)

Andy71600

Gah... why didnt i think of that? I did the same as you, installing and removing tons of drivers... i finallly settled for the new 3.10 unofficial cats.

BTW.. THX, it probly would have taken me a few days to realize how to fix it :)

Yuriman

I have the grey problem too, but it fixes it by turning up the texture detail in the ati control panel. Not like I wasnt running highest already.

idioteQnology

ditto here with the 9800np........i just run at the highest quality settings and halo runs excellent.

btw for all you halo players I started up a nice fun chill clan, CwC aka Civilians with Computers.

email me at [email protected] for info....i am starting a server in a couple weeks ..... let's game :)