• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New ATI card, where are card options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drexel

I just got a 9800np, and have never owned an ATI card. So, the way I got to the card options with my old nvidia cards was, r click desktop, properties, settings, advanced, then click on the card names tab.

There is no card doing it this way, so I assume that it is somewhere else.

Where can I find the card options. Like FSAA, V-Sync, etc.

Matthias99

They should be in there. You may need to (re)install the latest version of the Catalyst drivers from ATI's website; often cards ship with older drivers on their CDs.

Also, if you had an NVIDIA card in this machine before, you might want to run Driver Cleaner on it (following the included directions) to make sure the old NVIDIA drivers are totally gone.

OP
D

drexel

K, but I purposely installed 3.7, because I heard the 3.8s have problems with halo. Do I not have them because I have 3.7's?

Freezermug

There are several types of install bundles. The bare install is just the drivers needed to run the card wich sounds like what you installed.

What you want to install is ati control panel. This is a seperate download usually on cat versions 3.5 - 3.7.

You can either download the newest set of drivers using a package that has the control panel bundled in or figure out exactly what driver version you have installed then go to ati websites driver section and find the control panel download.

Its not so hard to find really just follow the driver links then click older drivers. You will see cats 3.5 - 3.7 as well as the control panel as a seperate download and a few other items you can download for each version.

Maximouse

drexel said:
K, but I purposely installed 3.7, because I heard the 3.8s have problems with halo. Do I not have them because I have 3.7's?

I believe with the 3.7's you also have to download and install the ATI Control panel seperately to get those options. I remember having to do that with some versions of the drivers. I know the 3.8's have both in the same file.

Al

*Edit* Freezermug beat me to it!;)

wannaoc

If you click on the settings tab they are under the advanced tab in the lower right corner. That is also where your overclocker will put its slide-bars. Hope it helps.