• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Audigy Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cowboy X

Here are some new audigy drivers . The fix list is pasted below :

" New/Fixed:
Provides Dolby Digital decoding from external SPDIF Input.
Speaker settings in Creative Audio Mixer are synchronized with Windows Multimedia setting.
New presets and effects added
Reduces excess reverb in MIDI while using software synthesizer
Removes glitches when playing MIDI using SoundFonts®
Removes distortion during AC-3 playback
Performs recording without playback
Improves multi channel wave file playback
Hardware acceleration of Open AL.
Fixed audio distortion and slow start up when resume from standby
Fixed elevation bug causing muffled sound in some games

Note: This update requires the installation CD to be installed before running the update. This driver works on Windows 2000/XP ONLY. This is a Multilingual Driver Pack "

Link : http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/drivers/eula.asp?id=452

ReDeeMeR

Are those drivers that been up for a few weeks now on asia server? only include language pack nothing new from the older drivers...

Emericana

will these things give me more FPS in games? (like make eax take up less cpu utilization?) if not i see no reason to change

OP
Cowboy X

Cowboy X

I dunno about the increased fps ......... the fix list is there as I pasted .

ReDeeMeR ............... I thought they were the same as the Asia drivers which i am currently running but ........... the dates are different . Firstly another driver reached the Asia site on Nov 1 , not weeks ago . Now this one on the European site .
As far as the fixlist goes, the Dolby Digital decoding through the spdif isn't in the Asia drivers fixlist . Everything else seems the same . In fact the first 3 lines of the fixlist , look different .

EluSiOn

CAUTION

This is a Sound Blaster Audigy Series Driver Pack, for users operating on Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
Important Update Information:
**This Web Update was released before Windows XP SP1, therefore it does not support WIN XP SP1 users.**