• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Beta BIOS - memtest built in - Raid rom 4.52

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Samurai Jack

New Beta BIOS - memtest built in - Raid rom 4.52- BIOS POSTED HERE.

For those who want the memtest & can not run the new raid bios because of harddrive boarking I have prepaired a new one with the old raid bios.

I am going to wait a two days to release it until some testers get back to me on there results.

So far they are good & it seems to clock real good also.

Post if your are interested in this bios, if some of you have a way to hotflash or bios savor I may let you test.

Edit - If you have been having the reboot problem with the memtest bios try this one.10/15 - 4vdimm-memtest-raid rom 4.52(same as bios 9/14)

SJ

Last edited:
Just flashed the one from your link - I can get into windows :clap:

Nah - JK

No differences upt il now - still got a fubared 9x Multi though.

[QUOTE=jalapeno]Just flashed the one from your link - I can get into windows :clap:

Nah - JK

No differences upt il now - still got a fubared 9x Multi though.[/QUOTE]

Well atleast it helps those that cant run the 4.66 raid rom. Did the memtest work for you.

On the 9x thing, have you tried the shipped bios to see if it still does it. If it does I would say there is something wrong with the board & you should RMA it to be replaced.

Also what do you flash with, there could be a part not getting cleared. Have you ever turned on C&Q to try, this just about killed mine when I did.

Thanx for the reply on the bios.

SJ

I'm going to try this later tonight. Ive been having issues getting my processor to clock at 10x240. Im pretty sure its not my memory because I ran memtest #5 50 times in a row and it didn't error once. I tried lowering the multi on the HTT and that didn't work. I think I'm just going to have to start from the beginning. I may just not be giving it enough voltage. Still, I think I'm going to try this bios because I can't get memtest to work from the bios.

james__bean said:
I'm going to try this later tonight. Ive been having issues getting my processor to clock at 10x240. Im pretty sure its not my memory because I ran memtest #5 50 times in a row and it didn't error once. I tried lowering the multi on the HTT and that didn't work. I think I'm just going to have to start from the beginning. I may just not be giving it enough voltage. Still, I think I'm going to try this bios because I can't get memtest to work from the bios.

What kin da CPU you running, I am shure your sig is wrong. What voltage & cooling. 2400 should be a easy go.

SJ

Oh yeah... heh haven't updated that in a while.

I'm running a 3200 DTR Clawhammer (CG Stepping) with an SLK-948U. I think the voltage I had it at last was something like 1.67. It just might not have been enough. Right now I'm testing at 1.72vcore with a 9/10 divider and 4x HTT. I was going to run a 3x but I just want to test and see if I can get this stable. If I can get it stable, it will rule out my HTT multiplier being too high. If it passes then i'll put my ratio back at 1:1 and test again.

Samurai Jack said:
Well atleast it helps those that cant run the 4.66 raid rom. Did the memtest work for you.

On the 9x thing, have you tried the shipped bios to see if it still does it. If it does I would say there is something wrong with the board & you should RMA it to be replaced.

Also what do you flash with, there could be a part not getting cleared. Have you ever turned on C&Q to try, this just about killed mine when I did.

SJ[/COLOR]

Hi SJ,

memtest works fine - Great Job dude :attn:
I'll try the 9x Multi with the Original One and let you know
I'm flashin with Winflash - don't own a Floppy anymore.
Tried CnQ once - it wouldn't boot into windows - but I think that CnQ not working and the crappy Multi have the same origin or are linked - since CnQ uses Multi Switching.
I can't switch from 10x to 8x with Clockgen either - it just freezes.

james__bean said:
Oh yeah... heh haven't updated that in a while.

I'm running a 3200 DTR Clawhammer (CG Stepping) with an SLK-948U. I think the voltage I had it at last was something like 1.67. It just might not have been enough. Right now I'm testing at 1.72vcore with a 9/10 divider and 4x HTT. I was going to run a 3x but I just want to test and see if I can get this stable. If I can get it stable, it will rule out my HTT multiplier being too high. If it passes then i'll put my ratio back at 1:1 and test again.

This is not exactly so, when you put your mem back at 1:1 the LDT/HTT multiplier would effect it diff, I know it really shouldnt but it will. But that doesnt mean that its a problem just something to look out for.

Sometimes I would be stable and then it would not detect array or just crash in a game or just give errors & after lowering it the problem was gone. It would test stable with memtest/prime but then every once in awail it would hit me.

Just some thoughts SJ

jalapeno said:
Hi SJ,

memtest works fine - Great Job dude :attn:
I'll try the 9x Multi with the Original One and let you know
I'm flashin with Winflash - don't own a Floppy anymore.
Tried CnQ once - it wouldn't boot into windows - but I think that CnQ not working and the crappy Multi have the same origin or are linked - since CnQ uses Multi Switching.
I can't switch from 10x to 8x with Clockgen either - it just freezes.

Once I tried C&Q, it boarked my bios so bad that the voltages stuck & crazy things was happening.

I flashed back & fourth between two diff bioses & had to pull the battery when clearing CMOS to get it fixed. I like to never got it working again.

I would keep flashing & clearing until the problem was gone, its got to be a bios thing.

Thanx for the good work. Oskar is the one that put the memtest in, I just swaped the raid bios so it might help the ones that cant run 4.66 bios.

It gave me trouble to run it until I loaded with the 4.66 bios in, now I can run either one.

SJ

Thanx

Just tried it over @ over again.

My 9x Multi screws up on memtest so badly - doesn't matter which BIOS I use - they all screw up on that issue.

Oh well - just ordered an RMA from DFI - maybe I do send it in or I'll wait for another BIOS-improvement or maybe I just switch to 939. :burn:

Don't know yet - it is so odd.

Anyway - thanx for your help.

Laters
jalapeno

jalapeno said:
Just tried it over @ over again.

My 9x Multi screws up on memtest so badly - doesn't matter which BIOS I use - they all screw up on that issue.

Oh well - just ordered an RMA from DFI - maybe I do send it in or I'll wait for another BIOS-improvement or maybe I just switch to 939. :burn:

Don't know yet - it is so odd.

Anyway - thanx for your help.

Laters
jalapeno

You didnt mention taking the Battery out of mobo when clearing, also shut down power supply with switch or unpluging it.

It may just be bad board tho.

SJ

Samurai Jack said:

You didnt mention taking the Battery out of mobo when clearing, also shut down power supply with switch or unpluging it.

It may just be bad board tho.

SJ

Sorry - simply forgot to write it - tried that too.
Didn't work - I know that my CPU can handle a 9x Multi and the RAM as well, since they did that on the MSI and ABIT.

Oh well - we'll see

jalapeno said:
Sorry - simply forgot to write it - tried that too.
Didn't work - I know that my CPU can handle a 9x Multi and the RAM as well, since they did that on the MSI and ABIT.

Oh well - we'll see

Looks like you have tried your heart out my friend, I think you know what time it is.

SJ

Samurai Jack said:

Looks like you have tried your heart out my friend, I think you know what time it is.

SJ

R M A :eek: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Guess you're right - already ordered the number and it just got approved.

Laters

I installed this bios but it didn't help matters much with the memtest. It still doesn't run for some reason. I did find out what my stability problem was though, it was my ram all along :p. I found out when I started over and memtested at 200 mhz with 2-2-2-10 timings and after a few passthroughs of memtest it failed on memtest 7. I tested again on memtest #7 and it would fail every couple of tests. It ends up that my memory hasn't been stable at any of the speeds I've been testing at. I was only stability testing with memtest #5. Thats what I get for trying to take shortcuts.

I decided to test each individual stick and they both did ok at auto timings (2-3-2-6). So I decided to switch from running my ram in the first and second slots to the first and third. I also changed my tras to 6 instead of 10. I'm stabilty testing now. I ran memtest 3 times all the way through and memtest #7 6 times through. No errors so now I'm back priming at 10x240 with 2-2-2-6 timings, so far so good. I'm about an hour through, I'm going to let it run for the night. Thanks for all your help SJ, I appreciate it.

Back