• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New bios with new feature for Asus P965 mobos P5B-Deluxe & Commando

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bing

Low Profile Senior
New bios with new feature for Asus P965 mobo

Example for P5B Deluxe Wifi at Asus ftp site, the change log :

P5B Deluxe WiFi-AP BIOS version 1221 Beta Version -> HERE

Description
1. Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx
2. Finetune CPU Voltage Low Limit :confused:
3. Finetune Q'Fan control code for chassis Q'Fan

Interesting at item no.2, wonder what is that for ?

Good to know Asus is still supporting this old mobo ! :thup:

Last edited:
Thats unlikely to happen because the vdroop damper is not implemented at the circuit design, and its impossible to enable it just through BIOS.

I'm thinking its sort of expanding below 1.1000 Volt wall for vcore, since this mobo officially supports 45nm processor that capable of running lower voltage than current 65nm.

Good find Bing... I think you're onto it, and they are allowing for lower cpu voltage. I think they have been spying on your low-voltage thread mate!

LOL, don't think so, just guessing this feature is the preparation for upcoming 45nm cpu ! :D

Looks like I have to wait until someone try it out, and no, I don't like to be 1st victim of these "beta" thingy ! ;)

Back